Presicionsound has announced the Indian ShrutiBox, a sample library featuring the sounds of a Shruti box instrument.
Originating in South India (Kerala, Tamil Nadu), but widespread also in the North, the Shruti box is a small wooden (usually teak) instrument which provides a rich drone background to support singing and other solo instruments, especially winds, like the Bansuri or the Shenai, or to practice sessions and concerts of Indian classical music.
Indian ShrutiBox features
- 61 stereo wav files (24bit) mapped for Kontakt, HALion & EXS24 (all versions).
- SoundFont version (16bit) included for users of other sample players like Reason NN-XT, Dimension, Sfz player etc.
- Includes 2 long chord drones, 5 and 10 minutes long that could be placed as audiotracks in your DAW of choice.
- All notes of the Shruti box has been sampled for many minutes and cut in 4 variations.
- ShrutiBox 1 has the natural attack and looped
- Shrutibox 2 is a cut out of the long note/drone looped
- Shrutibox 3 another portion of the note/drone looped
- Shrutibox 4 the note/drone fading out, not looped
- Shrutibox Pumpnoise – A selection of pumpnoises
- The Kontakt and HALion format have some extra programs including 2 Menu programs with all versions of the drones and noises together but with smaller tone range and a Mix program with 3 drones in unison mix.
- All formats are included when you buy Indian ShrutiBox.
The Indian ShrutiBox library is available to purchase for $19 USD.