Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
PreSonus announces Studio One
PreSonus has announced Studio One, a groundbreaking music creation and production application for Mac OS X and Windows XP/Vista that makes audio recording, MIDI sequencing, and audio mastering ridiculously simple right out of the box, yet provides a wealth of professional features.
Fresh code, innovative drag-and-drop MIDI mapping and plug-in management, auto-configuration with PreSonus hardware, insanely good audio quality, unlimited tracks and plug-ins per track, and a powerful, inventive Start page that literally puts the whole project right in your hands are just a few of the compelling features that make Studio One the next generation in audio software. Far from just another music-production program, Studio One changes the rules of the game, giving you a complete, easy-to-use solution from raw tracks to finished master, while supporting the latest standards and technologies.
Studio One features
- Elegant single-window work environment.
- Powerful drag-and-drop functionality.
- Unlimited audio tracks, MIDI tracks, virtual instruments, buses, and FX channels.
- Content browser with convenient sort options and preview player.
- Integrated mastering solution with automatic mix updating, waveform editing, effects, Red Book CD burning, and digital release.
- Automatic delay compensation.
- Advanced automation.
- 64-bit processing (even on 32-bit machines).
- Easy-to-use sidechain routing.
- Awe-inspiring 64-bit effects suite.
- Stunning virtual instruments.
- User-friendly sampler.
- Most intuitive MIDI-mapping system available.
- Real-time audio timestretching and resampling.
- AU, VST2, VST3, and ReWire support.
- K System metering.
- Gigabytes of inspiring content.
- Compatible with any ASIO-, Windows Audio-,or Core Audio-compliant audio interface.
Pricing and availability are TBA.
Visit PreSonus for more information.