PreSonus has released version 1.5 of Studio One, a music creation and production application for Windows and Mac.
Key additions include support for video playback and sync for composing to picture, major enhancements to the Browser’s drag-and-drop capabilities, the ability to draw your own automation waveforms, automation points that are locked to events, a new key-command editor, changing tempos within a event without slicing the event into separate events, and support for song and album art. A first-of-its-kind, built-in SoundCloud client enables you to upload audio files from Studio One directly to the Web. The MIDi features have been improved, including a new MIDI file player in the Browser. We’ve enhanced the Native Effects plug-ins and added new ones. And that’s by no means all that is in this impressive update.
Changes in Studio One v1.5
- Integrated Video Playback via Quicktime.
- SoundCloud integration for instant uploading of songs to web sites, FaceBook, etc. without exiting Studio One.
- Key Command Editor – Easily create custom key command maps.
- 64-bit Vista/7 and Snow Leopard operation.
- Improved Automation Editing with Draw Figures (Line, Parabola, Square, Triangle, Saw, Sine) and manipulate with unique Transform tool.
- Drag to Browser functionality – The Browser is now a ‘two-way street’, drag inserts to store presets/fx chains, drag audio events to bounce files to a location, drag instrument parts to bounce MIDI files to a location.
- New Plug-ins, Content, and existing Effect and Instrument Improvements:
- Impact now has multiple velocity layers.
- Presence now has Multi-FX Section.
- New Scope and Level Meter plug-ins.
- Pipeline has a unique integrated scope to calibrate signal path latency.
- Automatable Bypass for insert effects.
- Tons of new presets for built-in effects.
- Over 2GB new content for all users.
- Export Stems – Easily bounce any combination of Audio/Instrument Tracks, Buses, or FX channels.
- Editing Improvements across the board such as unlimited Undo History (even after you’ve saved), Event position constrain when dragging between tracks, New Split at Cursor command, new musical functions, etc.
- Support for Apple Loops (CAF files, OSX only) & REX file.
Note: Mac OS X 10.4.11 or prior is no longer supported with version 1.5 (necessity to move forward with OSX 10.6 64-bit support).
PreSonus has also announced three new content expansions: Studio One Expansion (hundreds of new presets and fx chains), Studio One Piano (an improved piano for Presence), and Synth Session (150+ sampled synth sounds for Presence).