Prodyon has released version 1.7 of Phenome, a freeware SoundFont instrument for Windows.
PHENOME is a low-CPU 8-part multitimbral Soundfont (SF2) Player-VST Instrument with all the basic features like ADSR, multiple filters and arpeggiators.
It has been designed to focus on getting things done quickly rather then being bloated with features that get hardly ever used.
Changes in Phenome v1.7
- Added multi button for saving/loading multi setups.
- Added setup screen.
- Added pitch modulation envelope per layer.
- Added reverb unit per layer.
- Added two mini-browsers for SF2 bank/patch selection.
- Support for stereo soundfonts improved.
- Soundfont browser jumps now to 1st bank/patch automatically.
- Added global performance mode feature.
- Removed layer lock feature (caused trouble with host’s FXP/FXB save/load).
- Fixed a bug in the amp section.
- Added simple value readout for knobs.
- Added velocity playback mode switch.
Phenome for Windows (VST) is available as a free download.
Prodyon has also announced the return of “Plug-In for Life”, which allows you to purchase the full range of Prodyon Products (includes upcoming titles), for a one-time fee of $75 USD.