Progress Audio has announced the release of Kinisis, a new synthesiser plug-in which combines great sound with a powerful and flexible user interface.
We think that making a better synth involves more than adding more LFOs and endless controls. We developed the Timeline feature which lets you ‘animate’ controls over the course of a note, so that you can create sounds that move and change in incredible ways. With such flexibility, it might just be the only synth you need.
- Multiple parts
- 4 parts or ‘voices’ per note for complex layered sounds.
- Each voice is a complete synthesiser engine with its own Timeline, oscillators, filter, modulation options and effects routing.
- Vector synthesis oscillators which mix between 4 waveforms
- 4-part unison.
- Noise oscillator can be mixed into the main waveform.
- Import waveforms from WAV files.
- Use the additive editor to change individual harmonics for ultimate control.
- Waveform editor allows you to draw in a waveform, great for experimenting.
- 12dB/octave resonant filter.
- Low pass, band pass and high pass modes.
- All parameters controllable by the Timeline for great filter effects.
- Per-note modulation matrix and LFOs. Each note plays its own modulation effects independently of other notes.
- All LFO parameters can be animated in the Timeline.
- Modulation amount in each slot of the modulation matrix can be animated over the course of a note using the Timeline.
- Delay, reverb, and distortion global send effects.
- Effects send amount is controllable for each note by the Timeline. Each note’s effect sends can be controlled over the course of the note.
- Global low-pass and high-pass filters for general shaping of your sound.
- Real-time performance controls
- 6 assignable X-Y pads with MIDI learn and host automation support.
- Time freeze: sweep through the Timeline with the mouse or MIDI controller to control which part of the Timeline is being played.
Kinisis is available to purchase for Windows PC and Mac OSX (VST/AU), priced at $110 USD / €85 EUR / £80 GBP.
More information: Progress Audio