Note: this post is from 2005, outbound links may be broken.
Progress Audio releases ShapeShifter
ShapeShifter is a multi-effect VST plug-in which gives you a number of tools for changing your sounds, ranging from subtle effects through to extreme mangling of your audio.
The following effects modules are included:
- Waveshaper linked to a step sequencer, allowing you to create changes in tone that normal waveshapers can’t achieve
- Resonant Filter including an LFO and step sequencer to control the cut-off frequency
- Stereo Delay including step sequencers to vary the delay settings over time
- Gate to create rhythmic changes in volume
- Chorus & Reverb to fill out sounds and add some polish
ShapeShifter uniquely ties a waveshaper to a step sequencer, allowing you to blend between waveshaper settings in time with your track, creating interesting changes in tone.
Check Progress Audio for more information and a link to download the ShapeShifter demo.