Propellerhead has announced the availability of Parsec, a spectral synthesizer for the Reason music production software for Windows and Mac.
Parsec offers impressive tones for charismatic hooks, build-ups, pads, atmospheres and otherworldly sounds. It’s built to inspire, regardless of the musical genre it is used in: indiepop, techno, house or bass music.
Technically Parsec is an additive synthesizer, based around two advanced oscillators consisting of 512 partials each that are sculpted through two “modifiers”. There are 2 envelopes and 2 LFOs that can modulate parameters. There is also a delay and a reverb that add to the sonic palette, and a modulation bus, familiar to users of Propellerhead’s Thor synth.
- Additive synthesis without taxing your CPU—or your brain.
- A new palette of inspiring synth sounds for the Reason Rack.
- It’s a vocoder too, with modulation from Parsec’s audio input.
- Amazing sound bank with inspiring sounds for electro house, bass music, minimal techno, electronic indie and pop, far-out experimental, and more.
- Based on interesting algorithms that encourage experimentation without requiring technical knowledge of additive synthesis.
- Integrated with the Reason rack: control Parsec from other sources; run audio through it; combine it with other instruments.
- Two engines that make up a single sound. Use one engine for the attack and another for sustain. Or use both at the same time for ultra thick tones!
- Super-flexible internal routing with plenty of modulation sources.
The Parsec Rack Extension is available to purchase for 99 EUR / $119 USD.