Propellerhead Software has announced Balance, its first audio interface and foray into hardware.
Integrated with Reason Essentials Software, Balance is at the heart of Propellerhead’s complete music making solution.
Balance, a two-in by two-out audio interface for Mac and Windows, is designed for the single person operated home/project studio.
Fully USB 2 powered with separate volume controls for monitors and headphones, it contains 8 input connections to keep all instruments, mics and devices connected and ready to record with the press of a button—without software pop-ups or control panels. The included Reason Essentials packs in all the recording editing, effects, instruments and mixing tools needed to create great sounding tracks.
- 2-in by 2-out audio interface.
- USB 2.0 – bus powered.
- Hi-end pre-amplifiers.
- Hi-end 24-bit ADC/DACs, 44.1 to 96kHz.
- Low latency design.
- Clip Safe — Never again a lost take because of inadequate level settings. The “built-in recording engineer” watches over your session and automatically heals any clipped recordings..
- Mac OS class compliant (no driver on Mac OS). ASIO drivers for Windows installed with the software..
- Built-in Propellerhead Ignition Key.
- Direct monitoring (for stand-alone or DAW use).
- Two XLR microphone inputs w. 48V phantom power.
- Two 1/4″ guitar inputs with padding.
- Four 1/4″ line inputs (two stereo pairs).
- One 1/4” headphone output.
- Two 1/4″ TRS balanced main outputs.
- Hardware input source selection.
- Input level control.
- Separate output and headphone level control.
- Output muting.
Reason Essentials with Balance audio interface will be available for purchase worldwide on September 30, 2011 at a suggested retail price of EUR €499 / USD $499.
Any current Reason and Record user who purchases Balance can receive the Reason 6 upgrade for free.