Propellerhead unveils Balance audio interface
Propellerhead Software has announced Balance, its first audio interface and foray into hardware.
Integrated with Reason Essentials Software, Balance is at the heart of Propellerhead’s complete music making solution.
Balance, a two-in by two-out audio interface for Mac and Windows, is designed for the single person operated home/project studio.
Fully USB 2 powered with separate volume controls for monitors and headphones, it contains 8 input connections to keep all instruments, mics and devices connected and ready to record with the press of a button—without software pop-ups or control panels. The included Reason Essentials packs in all the recording editing, effects, instruments and mixing tools needed to create great sounding tracks.
- 2-in by 2-out audio interface.
- USB 2.0 – bus powered.
- Hi-end pre-amplifiers.
- Hi-end 24-bit ADC/DACs, 44.1 to 96kHz.
- Low latency design.
- Clip Safe — Never again a lost take because of inadequate level settings. The “built-in recording engineer” watches over your session and automatically heals any clipped recordings..
- Mac OS class compliant (no driver on Mac OS). ASIO drivers for Windows installed with the software..
- Built-in Propellerhead Ignition Key.
- Direct monitoring (for stand-alone or DAW use).
- Two XLR microphone inputs w. 48V phantom power.
- Two 1/4″ guitar inputs with padding.
- Four 1/4″ line inputs (two stereo pairs).
- One 1/4” headphone output.
- Two 1/4″ TRS balanced main outputs.
- Hardware input source selection.
- Input level control.
- Separate output and headphone level control.
- Output muting.
Reason Essentials with Balance audio interface will be available for purchase worldwide on September 30, 2011 at a suggested retail price of EUR €499 / USD $499.
Any current Reason and Record user who purchases Balance can receive the Reason 6 upgrade for free.