Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Prosoniq releases NorthPole AU
Prosoniq has released an AudioUnit version of NorthPole, a freeware 4-pole filter plug-in.
Many of our users have asked us to port our highly popular free NorthPole plug-in to the Apple AudioUnit format. We are happy to let you know that this is exactly what we did – today we’d like to introduce you to our brand new NorthPole AU that is available for download as of now. This selectable LP/BP filter plug-in brings back the sound of the analogue era to your AudioUnit production environment – still for free! Released as a VST plug-in in 1997 this filter got rave reviews all around the world and was the first free VST plug-in to be available. Enjoy the sound of the 90s today!
- 24dB/Octave (4 pole)
- Variable Cutoff + Resonance
- Lowpass/Bandpass switchable
- Envelope Follower with adjustable sensitivity
- Envelope attack/release times
- Adjustable analog distortion
- Adjustable digital delay after filter with time, mix and feedback
You can still find the old download links (Windows and Mac) here.
Visit Prosoniq for more information.