Psychic Modulation has released Cerebrum:c4, an Intelligent Groove Machine for Windows.
Cerebrum is a pattern based drum machine with an onboard bassline synth. There are 8 drums total, each with it’s own sequencer with various randomization and velocity features. Designed with live operation in mind, Cerebrum can be used for making complex beats on the fly, with features like the Pattern Playlist and Random Probability, that ensure your rhythms stay interesting. Your beats can then be sent into the Multi-Band FX processor, split into three bands, distorted, crushed and destroyed and then squashed with the overall compressor for getting that classic ‘pumping’ effect with ease.
- 8 drum modules.
- Bass arp-synth module.
- Versatile sequencers for each drum module including bass synth.
- Pattern Playlist feature for switching between 4 patterns, manually or automatically.
- Random Probability options for each sequencer.
- Aux module for external audio processing.
- Multi-Band FX section with compressor.
- Host sync or manual tempo.
- Midi triggering of each sequencer on individual keys.
- Toggle behavior options for midi triggering.
- Mute/solo switches.
- Multiple audio outputs.
Cerebrum:c4 is available to purchase as a VST instrument plug-in for Windows PC for $49 USD. A demo version of Cerebrum is available to download from the product page (fully functional with the exception of an occasional sound dropout).