Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Psychic Modulation updates Cerebrum-3 to v3.5
Psychic Modulation has released version 3.5 of Cerebrum-3, a hybrid groovebox-style drum machine comprised of 5 drum synth modules, over 150 built-in drum sounds and an onboard bassline synth.
Each drum section has it’s own dual A/B sequencer for beat-matching, as well as an Auto-Mix function.
Designed with live operation in mind, Cerebrum can be used for making complex beats on the fly that can be randomized, mixed, matched and manipulated in a number of ways.
Cerebrum-3 v3.5 features
- 4 drum synth modules.
- 5 drum sample synth modules.
- 1 bass synth module.
- Kick, snare, hihat and percussion1 are drumsynth modules that each include imbedded samples for layering.
- The 2nd percussion drum is a dedicated imbedded sample synth with it’s own Wavlayer for layering with user samples.
- 2 16-step pattern sequencers for each module.
- Automatic beat matching functions for each sequencer.
- 2 accent switches for each sequencer(for gain, reverse, glide, glitch etc.).
- 2 velocity grids for each sequencer(for pitch, level, filter, glitch rate etc.).
- 4 types of random probability for each sequencer.
- Each sequencer has independant control of speed, direction, length, etc..
- Host sync.
- MIDI options for triggering each sequencer.
- Each drum sequencer can be assigned to be triggered by a seperate key.
- Bass sequencer can be assigned to different octave ranges.
- Polyphonic option for all synths as well bass sequencer.
- Volume/Panning vectors.
- Onboard drum mixer.
- Mute/solo switches for each module.
- patch randomization for each module.
- Multiple audio outputs (channels 1-6).
- 32 presets.
Cerebrum-3 is available as a VST instrument plug-in for Windows PC for $19.95 USD. A free single output version is available for download from the product page.