Psychic Modulation has released version 2.1 of Phonec 2, a synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
Phonec 2 is the successor to the original Phonec synthesizer, which was inspired by the mystique of video logos you hear at the beginning of worn out VHS tapes. This time around it’s available for both Mac and PC as a 32/64-bit VST/AU plugin. Phonec 2 has all the great features of the original plus much more including several improvements.
Changes in Phonec v2.1
- New and improved GUI.
- Improved filter.
- 12/24db LPF option.
- 3-stage LPF switch.
- Filter separation of 3rd stage.
- HPF resonance switch.
- Improved resonance response.
- Gain can now be pre/post filter.
- Gain clipping improvements.
- Filter can now follow amp envelope.
- New copy/paste functions on Oscillator and FIlter sections.
- New Logic control for And/Or/Xor modes for fine-tuning logic switching point.
- Modwheel can now follow Aftertouch controls.
- New Pitchbend Range selector.
- New randomization switch for internal Melt settings.
- Volume set lower on default patchbank.
- New INIT patchbank to call up 128 initialized patches.
Phonec 2 (VST/AU) is available for purchase for $59 USD.