Note: this post is from 2007, outbound links may be broken.
Psycle v1.8.5 released
The main changes are a new VST Host, a New Mixer, much faster application start/plugin check, wave in machine, new render to wav dialog with dither and lots of other small additions. New tutorial songs which demonstrate some of these features are included.
Changes in v1.8.5
- Finished the reimplementation of the VSTHost (Internal and UI).
- Extended and finished the Mixer machine. 12 inserts, 12 sends/returns, with routing abilities.
- Improved Sampulse partially, can load instruments and be used in a song (still incomplete).
- Improvements in the new Interpolate Curve Dialog.
- Changes in the Sequencer toolbar. Now it can show names of patterns and change them.
- Improvements in source code (partially from 1.9 alpha).
- Several new native plugins (most developed during the 1.9 alpha period). The total number is now 70.
- Wave In machine that allows input from external sources. Only works with directsound and ASIO for now.
- Sinc interpolation for sampler. Should offer better quality, but it’s quite much slower.
- Record to clipboard added to Record to Wave dialog box. (Works only with psycle for now).
- Blocks in patterns can be moved by dragging them, as well as via popup menu.
- Volume, panning and portamento commands for VST’s (volume does channel aftertouch for now).
- Yannis midi native plugin nearly usable now (doesn’t sync too well if used in a pattern).
- Fixes in several native plugins ( arguru synth, ayeternal delay, …).
- Bugfixes and other smaller additions.