Puremagnetik Artifact, Micropak created from digital anomalies and computer malfunctions
Puremagnetik has announced the release of Artifact, a Micropak created from digital anomalies and computer malfunctions.
Artifact comes packed with things you would normally want to avoid in the studio: digital aliasing, clock glitches, control ‘voltage’ waveshaping, sysex errors and mis-quantized samples.
The sound designers at Puremagnetik have harnessed these anomalies in a controlled environment and reprogrammed them in a more musical context for Ableton Live 8, Kontakt 3 and Logic 8/9.
Artifact is organized into 6 playable kits complete with macro controls for Ableton Live and a custom Kontakt GUI. In addition, Artifact includes a generous collection of looped MIDI clips (the Kontakt version uses Apple Loops).
- 6 kits packed with digital malfunctions
- Multi-sampled library with advanced DAW integration
- A collection of expertly programmed clips
- High quality 24 bit 96khz audio samples
- Custom Ableton Racks, Kontakt KSP GUI and Logic Channel Strips
Artifact is available to Puremagnetik subscribers for Ableton Live 8.1.3, Kontakt 3.5 or Logic 8 (subscriptions start at $5.75/month).