Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
QuikQuak releases Pitchwheel 3
QuikQuak has released version 3.0 of Pitchwheel, a real-time pitch shifting plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Pitchwheel now has a new pitch shifting engine that has taken several months to create, it’s 46ms (44k) latency makes it the most responsive wideband pitch shifter on the market. And with excellent tonal and transient quality, makes it a great tool for any studio.
Changes in Pitchwheel 3
- A new pro quality pitch shifter. After months of research, Pitchwheel gets a new engine.
- Superior pitch shifting – great frequency stability and transient accuracy, with low latency and CPU usage.
- ‘Fixed Envelope’ option that preserves formant shapes. Useful for changing pitch without the usual ‘chipmunks’ sound. Allowing natural vocal changes, with glides, vibrato and harmonies.
- 46ms (at 44k) latency – very fast response time for a high quality wide-band pitch shifter.
- New option to only output sound when playing through MIDI, allowing 8 note harmonies to be played very easily.
- Sample accurate pitch changes.
- 96 semitone pitch range.
Pitchwheel 3 is available to purchase for PC and Mac (VST/AU), priced at £50 GBP. The upgrade is free for all registered users.