QuikQuak has released version 2.5 of Fusion Field, a diffusion reverb plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Fusion Field is a smooth diffusion reverb that sits beautifully in a mix. A clean, unobtrusive sound with a natural falloff that floats and complements the source material perfectly. Designed to imitate complex, natural spaces, it is also very easy to use. The main ‘cloud’ display represents the reverb in terms of time and frequency, showing all the main parameters and EQ in a natural way. The reverberation can be dampened in the upper and lower frequencies, allowing soft sibilance and a graceful, lifting air to the sound.
Having very few controls does not hinder Fusion Field’s usefulness. The dial ranges have been sloped to give the best sensitivity in useful regions, and the whole unit can create short snappy rooms, or vast time-suspended spaces, and anything in between.
Changes in Fusion Field v2.5
- Greatly increased diffusion when using short Spread values.
- A smoother, more realistic attack phase for the Distance parameter.
- An Echo control for additional effects, creating a delayed wave of reverb – useful for large ethereal spaces, or tight metallic boxes.
- New GUI design, with an optimised animated display.
- All aspects of the filtering, Decay, Spread and Distance parameters are now shown on the main display. Using a cloud representation of time and frequency energy, to give an instant visual interpretation. You’ll know what it sounds like directly from this impression.
- Total of 48 modulators now include randomised LFOs for extra decorrelation.
- Algorithm optimisations to allow for these additional features, keeping CPU resources as low as possible.
- Re-balanced to fix the channel bias problem.
- A new set of presets.
Notes: Having additional algorithm features meant that the whole system had to be retuned. All dials keep the same ratios and times, so it is compatible with the previous version and saved presets. Previous users will notice the filter dials have been arranged in clearer high and low sections.
Fusion Field 2.5 is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) for £50 GBP. An evaluation version can be downloaded from the QuikQuak wesbite.
Visit QuikQuak for more information and audio demos.