Rayzoon has released version 2.5.2 of Jamstix, a virtual drummer instrument for Windows.
This ground-breaking virtual drummer VSTi runs synchronized with your sequencer and features in-depth real-time modeling of various styles as well as human drummers with their own habits, accents and fill characteristics. Together, they can create thousands and thousands of realistic drum performances, each one editable down to the last hit thanks to the built-in limb-centric bar editor.
Changes in Jamstix v2.5.2
- Jamstix now allows song looping. The part menu now has an ‘Song Loops To Here’ option, which means that when the song position exceeds the end of the last part, it will loop to the beginning of the designated part. This can be toggled on/off in the ‘Options’.
- Ambience gain control in the mixer now separates drums and Jamcussion.
- The ‘Halftime’ option now affects styles even if they do not specify halftime rules for themselves. In that case Jamstix will remove all snares above 90 velocity and place a main snare on the beat in the middle of the bar.
- Added ‘Early Downbeat’ option to the fill generator.
- Improved cluster assignment strategy in the fill logic.
- Added ‘Steven Slate Drums’ MIDI import mode.
- Expanded fill generator capabilities.
- Notes sent from the brain to a subhosted VSTi are now sent with the MIDI channel specified for the sound.
- If the tempo is 65BPM or less, kick velocities in 16th clusters are no longer velocity-adjusted.
- mIDI clips can now be dragged onto the brain. If the part has a groove importer it will be used, otherwise one is added. If multiple clips are dropped, successive parts will be used.
- mIDI clips can also be dragged onto bars in the timeline where a straight MIDI import of the corresponding part is performed. If multiple clips are dropped, successive parts will be used.
- Fixed amount slider not affecting play filters.
- Fixed a bug with the kit editor grouping function.
Various versions of Jamstix 2 are available for purchase, starting at $99 USD.
More information: Rayzoon