Note: this post is from 2008, outbound links may be broken.
Rayzoon updates Jamstix to v2.2
This update provides new functionality, many enhancements as well as several bug fixes.
Changes in v2.2
- Added ‘LEARN’ button to bar editor, which allows live translation of drum data received at the MIDI input into bar editor events.
- The maximum number of parts has been raised from 18 to 72 and new arrow buttons have been added to the song sheet to scroll through them.
- Added new bar menu item ‘Turn Groove Into A Style’, which automates the steps normally needed to do this (saving bar, loading Import style, loading saved bar).
- Added BFD2 kit.
- Added ‘Options’ menu to drum module mode with auto-bell (ride notes at full velocity are switched to ride bell) and auto-cymbal options (alternates Crash 1 notes among all available cymbals). These options are great for e-drum kits that have single-zone rides and a small number of cymbals pads.
- Improved voice reduction logic.
- Added new quickstart songs for working with groove import, Jamstix Classic and full manual mode.
- Tons of other improvements and fixes.