Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Rayzoon updates Jamstix to v2.5.1
Rayzoon has released version 2.5.1 of Jamstix, an advanced virtual drummer VST instrument for Windows PC.
This ground-breaking virtual drummer VSTi runs synchronized with your sequencer and features in-depth real-time modeling of various styles as well as human drummers with their own habits, accents and fill characteristics. Together, they can create thousands and thousands of realistic drum performances, each one editable down to the last hit thanks to the built-in limb-centric bar editor.
Changes in Jamstix v2.3.1
- fixed a bug causing data not to be saved to the host anymore after composing fill with either snare or tom focus being zero.
- fixed freezing when right-clicking on brain controls to assign MIDI controller.
- fixed MIDI export and drag-&-drop always using channel 1.
- fixed problems when trying to preview drum kits with a Jamcussion kit already being loaded.
- fixed MIDI LEARN mode not writing to selected brain (drums or percussion).
- fixed incorrect bongo/conga mapping in ‘Map GM’ mode.
- fixed ‘No 16th Shuffling’ fill option not saving correctly to project file.
- fixed internal sounds not playing under certain circumstances.
- kit editor sound edit groupings are now remembered for the duration of the session.
- improved MIDI import in EZX Percussion mode.
- improved fill focus behavior with snare or tom knob at zero.
- MIDI LEARN now works in bar preview mode as well.
- all actions that lead to a skipped event now display the reason in the status bar when the mouse is moved over the event in the bar editor.
- double-clicking on empty cell in the bar editor now adds the most common sound for the limb.
- double-clicking on used cell in the bar editor now removes the event.
- added ‘Start Crash’ option to the fill controls to add a crash cymbal on the last heavy tick before the fill.
- added ini option ‘REAPERBypass’ to suppress any data save to REAPER unless the CTRL key is depressed. This should only be used if a user is annoyed by delays caused when REAPER continually asks Jamstix for the save data.
Jamstix 2 is available for Windows PC for $99 USD. A demo version can be found here.
Visit Rayzoon for more information.