REAPER v0.938 released
REAPER (Rapid Environment for Audio Prototyping and Efficient Recording) is
a powerful but sensible Windows application designed for the recording, arrangement, editing, mixing and rendering of audio. REAPER provides a flexible but easy to use interface that is equally suited to amateurs and professionals alike.
Oh, and it’s freeware! (for now)
REAPER versions 0.4-0.99 are freeware, but starting with version 1.0 the license will change to very reasonably priced (with amateur and professional rates/support) uncrippled nag-free shareware, supporting unexpiring full functionality in unregistered form.
Kinda looks like old Cakewalk mixed with old ACID.
- Support for an unlimited number of audio tracks
- Audio tracks are all fully routable (multiple inputs, outputs)
- Volume, pan controls and envelopes per track
- Supports audio processing plug-ins (DirectX, DXi, VST, VSTi, and Jesusonic) with automation, easy chain manipulation and editing
- Pitch shifting and time stretching
- Fast, reasonable and usable Windows-style UI, working well on both low and high resolutions or multiple monitors
- ASIO, Kernel Streaming, WaveOut, and DirectSound support for playback and recording
- Reads WAV, OGG, MP3 and MIDI files, records WAV and MIDI files
- Can render to WAV, OGG, MP3 if lame is installed
- Full SMP support (can utilize 2 or more processors)
- Multi-layer undo/redo support
- User creatable color themes
Visit Cockos for more information and a link to download REAPER.