Renoise 2.7: Sampling, Instruments, Automation, and Native DSPs
Multiplatform music sequencer and audio processing application Renoise was updated to version 2.7 beta.
The metronome swings back. Renoise 2.7 transitions from the developer-heavy focus of the previous release to more musical concerns such as Sampling, Instruments, Automation, and Native DSPs.
As part of a beta promotion, Renoise 2.7 is available at €40 for new users. We’re lowering the entry barrier to our beta cycle, known as the feature improvement phase before the final release. Already registered? Then why not bump your version for €32 in the Backstage?
Changes in Renoise 2.7
- Renoise’s internal instruments have been re-engineered. The focal point is a new keyzone editor that supports overlapping, velocity, and key release mappings. The Sample Keyzones editor brings with it user interface refinements, improved drumkit generation, better tuning options, new sample properties, and loop modes. Live instrumentalists can also tap into new realtime rendering modes and MIDI input routing, making Renoise on a laptop a formidable replacement for your old sampler.
- New Slice Markers push Renoise’s breakbeat insanity one step further. With the click of a button, your break is sliced and keymapped. Amens away! More than just a beatslicer, creatives will soon discover custom offsets and the power of aliases for controlling longer recordings like vocals and soundscapes.
- The revamped Automation Editor now provides a zoomable overview of the entire song, as well as vastly improved envelope resolution. Navigating is smooth, dragging and drawing easier, so simple yet so useful.
- Internal FX get an injection of winning with a new Comb Filter and a Multiband Send that lets you surgically redirect a single sound source to 3 send tracks. New draggable gain and frequency handles in the native EQs add flavour and finesse to the tools. Other changes include improvements to DSSI, MIDI optimizations, hardware-compatible solo mode, adjustable audio headroom, pre-count, ameliorations to the Lua API, and numerous other changes in every aspect of the app; no stone was left unturned in this release.
- More, check the change log for details.
To celebrate the Renoise 2.7 Beta, for a limited time new accounts can be purchased with a 30% discount, lowering the entry barrier to Renoise’s Beta phase. Existing customers can take advantage of the -20% reduced pricing on upgrades.
More information: Renoise