Rhythmic Robot has introduced Lambda, a virtual instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt featuring the sounds of the Korg Lambda ES50 poly-synthesizer.
The original Lambda, produced in 1979, was a preset-based synthesiser with genuine polyphony, two banks of preset tabs, and some unusual (and musically useful) touches like two filter circuits, one dedicated to the Brass patch; a separate key-click control for the Electric Piano patch; a global filter; and, unusually for its time, a stereo “chorus-phase” effect which output on twin jacks. This stereo effect, plus detunable oscillators in the synth section, gave the Lambda a typically rich, thick analogue sound and made it a coveted classic.
The Rhythmic Robot version builds on the capabilities of the original but allows the user to switch in a “vintage” mode, restricting the software to the hardware’s behaviour, for creating authentic patches. The more modern updates to the original include resonance on the global filter circuit, a full ADSR amp envelope, a dedicated AR envelope for the percussive sounds, a battery of additional vintage-style effects, velocity sensitivity and individual level trims for the preset patches – allowing combinations of sound impossible on the original.
- The rich, fluid tone of the Korg Lambda analogue synthesiser.
- Vintage Mode: absolute authenticity, restricting controls and features to those present on the original hardware.
- Contemporary Mode: advanced flexibility with individual instrument-level control, for sounds not possible on the original.
- 738 24-bit samples of every Lambda tone and all its variations: 2.4Gb total.
- Includes 30 factory presets covering basses, pads, synths and keys.
- Individual control over instrument levels allows sound-blending for rich, luxurious sounds.
- Stereo Chorus-Phase effect sampled from the original machine: lush, swirling and complex.
- A selection of vintage-style effects including Phaser, Leslie speaker, Amp Cab simulator and Reverb.
The library is available to purchase for the introductory price of £29.95 GBP (RRP £34.95 GBP). Requires full version Kontakt version 4.2.3 or higher.