Rhythmic Robot has released Drawbar 350, a unique analogue drawbar organ instrument created from the overheated transistors of the enormous Stylophone 350S.
Drawbar 350 is both a homage to the original Stylophone 350S and a departure from it. You can imitate the original 350 perfectly by simply treating the drawbars as on / off switches – either fully out of fully in – and leaving the envelope controls set to minimum. (And why not? It’s a classic, after all!) Or you can go to town and create washes, pads, soundscapes and textures. Or you can turn the whole thing up to 11 for a really aggressive, Punk 70s sound that all but leaps out of the speakers and strangles you.
The Drawbar 350 is without doubt a snarling, spitting, angry character at heart, full of attitude and malice. But we’ve given you the tools to tame it and bend it to your will. It’s a sound that you simply won’t find anywhere else: original and dangerous. Welcome to the world of the Drawbar 350.
Drawbar 350 features
- All eight voicings of the Stylophone 350S sampled at 24-bit.
- Drawbar control replaces the toggle-switches with 12-stage blend-able drawbars.
- Voices: Woodwind 16″, 8″, 4″, 2″; Brass 16″, 8″; Strings 4″, 2″.
- Transistor organ sound enhanced by specifically-chosen effects processors.
- Bite, Anger, Fury and Vibe settings to roughen or tame the sound.
Drawbar 350 for Kontakt (full version 4.2.3 or later required) is available to purchase for £8.95 GBP.