Rhythmic Robot SpecTone – Chip music tone synthesizer for Kontakt
Rhythmic Robot has released SpecTone, a sound library for Kontakt featuring the sounds from the onboard sound chip of a Sinclair ZX Spectrum.
SpecTone puts instantly familiar early 80s computer tones into the sonic toolkit of the producer, either for local colour in other styles of music, or to complement chip-music style productions.
It provides additional control in the form of an ADSR envelope, onboard effects (including a filter to tame aliasing artefacts), and velocity control of noise samples.
- Sinclair ZX Spectrum sound chip samples at 24-bit.
- Further samples of the Currah MicroSpeech vowel sounds, with blend control.
- 5 vowel sounds can be selected, with or without vibrato.
- “Drum” sounds in the form of pitched and noise-based samples from the Spectrum.
- ADSR envelope allow pad-style sounds.
- Onboard effects include Drive, Compression, Filter and Bit-crushing.
SpecTone is available to purchase for £2.50 GBP. Requires Kontakt 4.2.3 or above (full version).