Rob Papen Punch, virtual drum synthesizer coming this May
Rob Papen has announced details of the upcoming Punch, a virtual a drum synthesis & sampler instrument with a built-in samples and groove sequencers.
With Punch, Rob Papen delivers a brand new speaker busting, body rattling software instrument. Punch delivers synthesized drums in the finest audio quality and with breathtaking features for the contemporary producer
- 2 Bass Drum with 4 different models and built in 4 classic samples and 19 punch samples.
- 2 Snare Drum with 2 different models and build in 4 classic samples 61 built in punch samples.
- 2 Open Hihat and 2 Closed Hihat, with 3 models and build in 4 classic samples and 7 built in samples.
- 3 Tom/User with 2 Tom models and 8 built in Tom samples (classic/punch).
- 2 Claps with 3 models, and 13 built in samples.
- 3 User Drum, with 9 models and 37 samples.
- 8 Dual Sample slot, each with there own amp / pitch envelopes & filter and filter envelope.
- Each drum has it’s own ‘easy controls’, distortion (20 different models), output destination (to dry or any of the 4 fx channels), and choke groups.
- Each drum can be preview and selected by clicking in the Drum Preview Pad.
- Classic samples are samples taken from several classic analog drum machines and punch samples are RP library samples.
- Sequencers Patterns (4x groove and 4x breaks)
- Punch has it’s own internal sequencer which can play 8 different patterns of up to 16 steps long.
- 4 Grooves & 4 Break patterns.
- Each pattern is composed of 4 tracks, each track having it’s own drum output, and each step in each track can have different velocity, panning, pitch, envelope speed, flaming, time offset and free row.
- Each pattern also has free row for modulation step values which can be used to modulate controls.
- Swing amount, flaming time and humanization controls.
- Modulators: Punch has 2 envelopes, 2 LFO’s and 8 modulation slots, which allow you to use a wide variety of modulation sources to control Punch’s controls.
- Mixer: A full screen shows the volume & panning of all the controls, plus the fx mix & panning, allows you to easily mix the drum sounds.
- Easy Screen: Easy to use sliders allow to alter the main controls on the fly during use.
- Effects: 4 FXs, each with 26 different type of fx (delays, reverbs, chorus, filter, distortions etc), which can arrange in 5 different ways. In the multi-channel version of Punch, these fx are output to the different output channels.
- Manager Screen: Big manager screen, which show you all the presets, banks & presets, allow you to load, save, copy & paste etc them, including the powerful find function.
Punch for Windows and Mac (AU/VST/RTAS) is scheduled for release by the end of May, 2011.
Sonic Specialists releases Urban Fire 6