Note: this post is from 2007, outbound links may be broken.
Rob Papen updates BLUE to v1.7
Rob Papen (RPCX) has released version 1.7 of BLUE, the “Crossfusion Synthesis” VST instrument that delivers FM Synthesis, Phase Distortion Synthesis, Wave Shaping Synthesis and Subtractive Synthesis in one creative combination.
Changes in v1.7
- Increased Audio Quality with less CPU usage.
- Much improved envelope code, making envelopes punchier and removing occasional envelope aliasing noise.
- Arpeggiator and sequencer: keyboard entry mode via menu, allowing to enter notes by playing them.
- Added Ensemble and Compressor effect.
- Optimized Amp FX (50% less CPU) and, to a lesser extent, other effects.
- Increase the resolution of the modulating effects (chorus, flanger, etc.).
- FX commands: allows you to copy, paste, clear, swap, randomize, load & save fx.
- Chord memory: this has 4 modes, off, learn, play & alt + strum timing.
- Unison 2 / 4 / 6 with detuning.
- Oversampling 16x added.
- 400+ new presets, using all the new features like Chord Memory, Unison and EnsembleFX. (total of 66 banks and 1700 presets).
Rob Papen BLUE is available for Windows PC and Mac OSX (VST/AU/RTAS) and costs 199 EUR (included VAT) / $239 USD.
Visit Rob Papen for more information, audio demos and a link to download a demo version of BLUE.