Roland has unveiled the GAIA SH-01, a 37-key compact synthesizer that brings serious sound, instant control, and ultimate flexibility to the synthesis experience.
Combining a classic panel layout reminiscent of vintage Roland synthesizers with the latest in Roland’s analog-modeling technology, GAIA is perfect for any students, songwriters, session players, and live performers of all styles and skill levels.
GAIA SH-01 features
- Huge sound with three virtual analog engines onboard, each with a dedicated oscillator, filter, amplifier, envelope, and LFO
- Layer up to five simultaneous effects, including distortion, flanger, delay, reverb, low boost, and more
- 64-voice polyphony for massive sounds without note drop-out
- Fun, hands-on control panel that’s great for instant gratification, and for learning synthesis
- Lightweight, compact body with 37 full-size keys
- Runs on AC or battery power for portable convenience
- D Beam, arpeggiator, and Phrase Recorder onboard
- USB ports for saving user patches to USB flash drives, and for audio/MIDI connection to computers
The GAIA SH-01 is scheduled to ship in May with a suggested retail price of $739 USD.