Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Roland announces SP-404SX Portable Sampler
Roland has announced the SP-404SX, a portable performance sampler.
This update to the popular SP-404 offers 44.1kHz/16-Bit sound quality, improved DSP effects, a more versatile pattern sequencer, and easier data management.
The SP-404SX includes 29 DSP effects — including filter, delay, unique voice effects, subsonic, and looper — that switch seamlessly for a smooth performance. Twelve trigger pads, three control knobs, and a Sub Pad for rapid triggering allow DJs, musicians, and sound engineers to trigger samples and jingles and apply effects on the fly at the club, gig, or theater.
The built-in microphone, simple user interface, and optional battery operation enable recording with the SP-404SX anywhere inspiration strikes. It is also easy to import samples and utilize the high quality effects onboard for sound design or unique live performance purposes. The more versatile pattern sequencer now includes an improved quantize mode with new shuffle feel for intuitive, non-stop loop recording.
- Sample anytime, anywhere with the built-in mic and battery power.
- 29 DSP effects, including filter, delay, unique voice effects, subsonic, and looper.
- 3 control knobs, 12 trigger pads, and Sub Pad for rapid repeat triggering.
- Seamless effects switching for smooth, perfect performance.
- Pattern sequencer with quantize mode and new shuffle feels.
- 1GB SD card included; expand sample storage up to 32GB with SDHC.
- Import audio files from computer, assign samples to pads with bundled software (Mac/PC).
The SP-404SX will be available in October with an MSRP of $465.50.
More information: Roland