Roland has introduced the SPD-SX Sampling Pad, a multi-pad percussion instrument with 2 GB of onboard sampling memory and three powerful effects engines.
The SPD-SX replaces the popular SPD-S, the industry-leading sampling pad, which has been the overwhelming choice of professional drummers and percussionists. The SPD-SX leads the way with the latest pad-sensing technology, enhanced sampling performance, an assignable click output, and a host of other features.
- Unique sampling-pad concept — the only instrument of its kind in the world.
- 2 GB internal memory, enabling approximately 360 minutes of sampling (mono) without requiring external memory.
- Nine velocity-sensitive rubber pads, two external dual-trigger inputs.
- Easy capturing and assignment of audio data through Multi-Pad Sampling.
- Three units of multi-effects onboard, with two real-time control knobs and four dedicated effect buttons.
- Individual Pad Dynamics indicators show pad status and audio-level activity during performance.
- Expanded USB functionality (USB Mass Storage, USB MIDI/AUDIO, USB Memory).
- Wave Manager software included for easily importing, assigning, and organizing samples.
- Large backlit LCD.
The SPD-SX will be available in October with an MSRP of $1199.00 USD.