Roland Kuit has announced SoundLab II, a new e-book on modular sound design.
New tools to individualism. While making these patches I became aware of the fact that there are so many fields, like e.g. astronomy, mathematics, DNA research, IT development and neurotransmitters, with comparable functionality. It is in the way these fields are organized that we can recognize patterns.
What amazes me is the connectivity and parallels, in so many fields finding its way into modular sound design now, by cabling these findings into patch architectures. It was a challenge and especially fun to bring and connect this fields together. Certainly it will be a challenge for everybody’s creativity in finding new ways in modular sound design.
This e-book is not for lower level users. The modules are not going to be explained. The patch structures with accompanying text and order explain a way of thinking by themselves. You always can consult the G2 Editor help-file. Patches, or parts of patches can be copy/pasted to new patches and/or performances to get new structures.
SoundLab II features
- Book chapters:
- Oscillators: New structures to create sound. Extended and constructed oscillators.
- Filters: Extended and DIY filters.
- Shapers and audio: New forms to shape your audio.
- Logic: All kind of logic experiments. From 1D to 3D ON/OFF architectures and logic sound structures.
- Patterns and sequencers: Extended and DIY stuff, all you missed till now.
- Miscellaneous: A lot of thoughts about a lot. DIY Lfo’s, EG’s. granular, Sync, RM, FM and much, much more.
- Audio processing: New structures to remodel and mangle audio. From soft to hard distortion. Extensive echo-reverbs, mangling- and Glitch architectures.
- All DIY ways to construct your own audio context.
- Over 700 patches.
- In HTML/PDF.
- G2Demo software included.
- And probably a few free future updates.
The SoundLab II e-book is available to purchase for 125 EUR. SoundLab I users get a 20% discount, and bundle of SoundLab I and II is available at a 20% discount as well.
More information: Roland Kuit SoundLab