Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Roland ships AX-Synth Shoulder Synthesizer
Roland has announced the general availability of the AX-Synth Shoulder Synthesizer, the first of the legendary AX-Series to offer an onboard sound engine featuring a collection of the best of Roland’s cutting-edge synth sounds.
Created with the art of performance in mind, the AX-Synth allows keyboardists to connect with their audience as guitarists and singers do. Real-time controls such as the Ribbon, Modulation Bar, D BEAM, and aftertouch knob controllers give musicians the ability to perform memorable and expressive solos. When wearing the battery-powered and wireless AX-Synth, keyboardists can create kinetic musical performances, moving freely around the stage without any encumbering wires or cables.
The AX-Synth features 49 velocity-sensitive keys and is the first shoulder keyboard to include a 128-voice polyphonic sound engine with 256 distinct tones accessible from eight bank buttons, plus a collection of ultra-expressive sounds generated by Roland’s SuperNATURAL sound engine. The AX-Synth also includes an easy-to-use software editor/librarian for designing and storing user-created sounds.
- Built-in sound engine with voices from Roland’s latest synthesizers.
- Ribbon controller, D Beam, modulation bar, knobs, and easy-to-see display for stage.
- USB MIDI for easy connection to PC.
- Dedicated V-LINK button for video/visual control.
- Innovative bender mode for expressive solos.
- Long battery operation (approx. 6 hours).
The AX-Synth is now shipping with an MSRP of $1,349 USD.
More information: Roland