Roland ships Jupiter-80 synthesizer
Roland has announced that the new JUPITER-80 synthesizer is now shipping.
The JUPITER-80 represents an unprecedented leap forward in the pursuit of the most authentically expressive electronic musical instrument, just as the legendary JUPITER-8 did when it was launched 30 years ago.
Delivering instrumental realism far beyond any electronic instrument ever created, the 76-key, touchscreen-driven JUPITER-80 integrates the highest caliber of analog modeling, digital synthesis, and SuperNATURAL® expressiveness available in a live performance synthesizer, while its sleek industrial design pays homage to the original JUPITER-8. The combination of Roland’s most advanced synthesis technologies and design features gives keyboardists an amazingly realistic sound and a truly authentic performance feel.
- Keyboard Section
- Keyboard 76 keys (with velocity and channel aftertouch)
- Sound Generator Section
- Maximum Polyphony 256 voices (varies according to the sound generator load)
- Parts 4 parts (Upper, Lower, Solo, Percussion)
- Registrations 256 (including pre-loaded registrations)
- Live Sets 2,560 (including pre-loaded Live Sets)
Multi-Effects (MFX): 4 units (parallel connection only), 76 types per each Upper/Lower (total: 8 units), Reverb: 1 unit, 5 types per each Upper/Lower (total: 2 units) Compressor + Equalizer + Delay: 1 set per each Solo/Percussion (total: 2 sets), Reverb: 1 unit, 5 types, Master Effects: 4-Band Equalizer: 1 unit.
- USB Memory Song Player/ Recorder Section
- Tracks 1 stereo track
- Playable File Format Audio File: WAV, AIFF, MP3
- Recording File Format Audio File: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16-bit Linear, stereo)
- Effects 4-Band Equalizer: 1 unit
- External Memory USB flash memory (sold separately)
- PHONES stereo 1/4″ phone type
- MAIN OUT L, R (XLR type)
- MAIN OUT L/MONO, R (1/4″ TRS phone type)
- SUB OUT L, R (1/4″ phone type)
- AUDIO IN stereo miniature phone type
- DIGITAL AUDIO OUT COAXIAL
- FOOT PEDAL HOLD, CTRL 1, CTRL 2
- MIDI IN, OUT, THRU
- USB COMPUTER Audio/MIDI
- USB Memory
- AC IN
- Dimensions 1,231 (W) x 439 (D) x 140 (H) mm (48-1/2″ x 17-5/16″ x 5-1/2″)
- Weight 17.7 kg (39 lbs. 1 oz.)
- Arpeggiator Preset: 128 styles, User: 128 styles
- Harmony Intelligence 17 types
- Controllers D Beam controller, Pitch Bend/Modulation lever, Assignable buttons (S1, S2), Assignable knobs (E1–E4), PART LEVEL sliders (PERC, LOWER, UPPER, SOLO)
- Display Graphic Color LCD 800 x 480 dots (touch screen)
- Power Consumption 25 W
- Included Accessories Owner’s Manual, CD-ROM (USB Audio/MIDI driver), DVD-ROM (SONAR LE), USB Memory Protector, Power Cord
The Jupiter-80 synthesizer is shipping now with a suggested retail price of $3,999 USD.