Roland has announced the availability of the SYSTEM-8 PLUG-OUT Synthesizer, an advanced performance instrument that features the latest generation of the acclaimed Analog Circuit Behavior (ACB) technology.
Powerful and deep, the SYSTEM-8 delivers a wide range of sounds inspired by over four decades of legendary Roland synths. To complement its internal sound engine, the SYSTEM-8 can host and control up to three Roland PLUG-OUT software synthesizers, and new JUPITER-8 and JUNO-106 PLUG-OUTs are included with purchase. Optional PLUG-OUTs such as the SH-2, SH-101, PROMARS, and others will be supported as well. The synth includes a massive array of hands-on controls, as well as a polyphonic step sequencer, vocoder, CV/GATE outputs, arpeggiator, and other creative tools.
While the SYSTEM-8 excels as a performance instrument, it easily integrates into a music production environment. The synth functions as a USB audio/MIDI interface for a DAW, and the 49 full-size keys (with velocity) provide a responsive keyboard for recording MIDI tracks. There’s also a control surface mode for using the SYSTEM-8’s knobs, sliders, and buttons with soft synths. The SYSTEM-8 is equipped with CV/GATE outputs, enabling a user to send note/pitch data from the synth engine and step sequencer to trigger modular synths and vintage analog gear.
SYSTEM-8 PLUG-OUT Syntesizer features
- Versatile performance synthesizer with advanced ACB technology and 49 full-size keys.
- Internal sound engine delivers classic analog tones and dynamic modern sounds with analog vibe.
- Hosts up to three PLUG-OUT synths; JUPITER-8 and JUNO-106 PLUG-OUTs included.
- Advanced low-pass, high-pass, and side-band filters with high-resolution controls.
- Massive real-time control with dedicated knobs, sliders, and buttons.
- Polyphonic step sequencer with classic TR-REC style interface.
- Arpeggio, vocoder, and polyphonic Chord Memory functions.
- CV/Gate outputs for interfacing with modular synths and vintage gear.
- Large selection of onboard effects with hands-on controls.
- USB audio/MIDI interface and control surface mode.
The SYSTEM-8 PLUG-OUT Synthesizer is available for a street price of $1499 USD. Optional wood or aluminum side panels will be available.