Rosegarden 12.04 “Freedom” released
The Rosegarden team has announced the release of version 12.04 (codename “Freedom”) of Rosegarden, the audio and MIDI sequencer, score editor, and general-purpose music composition and editing environment for Linux.
The most notable change for this release is a feature we hope you will find to be completely transparent. Tom has labored for months to get through a gantlet of challenges and deliver automatic MIDI channel allocation. Instead of having a permanent, fixed relationship between, for example, instrument #1 and channel 1, instruments float by default, and grab channels on an as-needed basis. As control over a channel passes from one instrument to another, the controller state is preserved such that problems with sustain controllers, pitch bends and so on getting out of sync should be eliminated. Segments may be moved about freely with no concern about the pitch bend in this one conflicting with the pitch bend in that one, even though they both reside on the same track.
Changes in Rosegarden 12.04
- Code cleanup, commenting, and simplification.
- Extensive reworking of certain aspects of the track editor to enhance performance, improve reliability, and reduce bugs.
- Fix for bug #3466912.
- Fixed a crash when adding a track after going from record to stop.
- Fixed a crash on add track, undo, redo, load RG sequence.
- Fixed a track label clobbering bug.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.
- Fixed a bug where icons were not appearing on the instrument popup menu.
- Fixed a bug where two tracks with the same instrument could be armed at the same time.
- Added some missing GPL license text.
- Fixed a static init order bug that would cause playback to not work for some users.
- Handle tempo ramps during MIDI export.
- Handle ornaments during MIDI export.
- Handle repeated segments during MIDI export.
- New logical instruments that allocate channels on the fly.
Rosegarden 12.04 is now available to download as source code for Linux.
More information: Rosegarden
Eventide releases Blackhole reverb plugin