The Rosegarden team has announced the release of version 10.10 “Betty Prior” of Rosegarden, an audio and MIDI sequencer and musical notation editor for Linux.
Rosegarden is a well-rounded audio and MIDI sequencer, score editor, and general-purpose music composition and editing environment.
Rosegarden is an easy-to-learn, attractive application that runs on Linux, ideal for composers, musicians, music students, and small studio or home recording environments.
Changes since Rosegarden v10.04
- Several fixes to behaviour of track program/bank change sends in save/load and in interaction with percussion check-box.
- Permit shift-click on a track header to toggle selection of segments on that track without effecting other selected segments.
- Improve key highlights in matrix view so as to reflect current segment properly.
- Add support for basic LADISH level 1.
- Substantial fixes to audio file handling code to fix a number of problems with the wrong audio clip being played.
- Fix crash in some cases when opening file dialog if not using default Thorn style.
- Fix incorrect behaviour of frequency-range parameters in LADSPA and DSSI plugin editors.
- Fixes to missing-audio-file location logic.
- Shorten the factory autoload, removing the duplicate sets of tracks at the bottom so that all tracks initially are visible.
- Fix MIDI recording from devices in which note-on and note-off are not always cleanly paired.
- Fixes to positioning of playback pointer in matrix.
- Several substantial fixes to step-recording in matrix and notation.
- Several fixes to Lilypond export.
- Numerous fixes to segment editor corner cases that previously could introduce zero-length segments.
- Several fixes to corner cases that previously could introduce zero-length events or ranges.
- Fixes to unpredictable behaviour in certain operations involving copying segments.
- Numerous fixes to behaviour of editing operations in cases where segments overlap with the end of the composition.
- Make behaviour of Paste Range more predictable.
- Improvements to chord database and several fixes to fretboard editor.
- Fixes to avoid zero-duration note events in files.
- Fixes to toolbar visibility in editing views.
- Fixes to regressions in action availability.
- Fixes to updates in notation view, event list editor, matrix editor and rulers.
- Restore progress dialogs.
Rosegarden for Linux is available to download at no cost.
More information: Rosegarden