Ross Bencina has released version 2.0.2 of AudioMulch, an interactive musician’s environment for PC and Mac.
This version includes usability improvements and bug fixes. Improvements have been made to Audio/MIDI synchronisation on Mac and to stability on OSX 10.4 (Tiger). Mac VST scanning has been improved to avoid start-up freezes when VST plugins prompt for activation. Cut/Copy/Paste can now be used when renaming Contraptions.
Changes in AudioMulch v2.0.2
- Fixed bug where help pages were not available and displayed “The page could not be found” error if the computer was upgraded to a new version of AudioMulch.
- Improved event deletion in Drums contraption pattern editor. Supresses creation of hits on top of each other which made them confusing to delete. Fixed bug where click-delete didn’t work if the mouse was moved while clicking.
- Fixed bug where contraption positions were sometimes scrambled after reloading a document. Contraption locations were not saved correctly if the contraptions had been connected using drag-and-drop patching.
- Added support for cut/copy/paste/select all of contraption names in the Patcher using context menu and keyboard shortcuts while editing contraption name.
- Added F2 keyboard shortcut to start editing contraption names (Command-2 on Mac).
- Windows: fixed bug where the first time a custom VST editor was displayed it appeared partially behind other contraption property editors.
- Mac: fixed intermittent crash on OSX 10.4 (Tiger) after using the select sound file dialog box.
- Mac: improved timing of MIDI and Network sync.
- Mac: made changes to address bug where VU meters, transport and automation playback position would intermittently stop updating after 20 minutes to an hour on some machines.
- Mac: changed MIDI device name handling for better compatibility. Fixes problems with some devices not working. Akai devices are still not 100% functional, see KnownBugs.txt for workaround.
- Mac: Fixed bug where AudioMulch would freeze at startup if VST plugins displayed an activation dialog box when they were scanned.
- Fixed alignment of beat number indicators on Arpeggiator pattern editor.
- Fixed height of status bar and appearance of soundfile loading progress bar.
- Fixed incorrect positioning of MIDI output ports on some contraptions.
- Fixed bug with contraptions palette not auto-showing if AudioMulch didn’t have focus.
AudioMulch is available for purchase for Windows and Mac for $189 USD. A 60-day trial version is available for download.
More information: AudioMulch