Ross Bencina updates AudioMulch to v2.2.3
Ross Bencina has updated the AudioMulch software for live performance, audio processing, sound design and music composition to version 2.2.3.
This is a stability update. It fixes several crashes, bugs with LiveLooper, PulseComb and SDelay contraption behavior, and a number of plugin hosting issues (mostly on Mac). It is recommended that users of version 2.2.0 thru 2.2.2 upgrade now.
Changes in AudioMulch v2.2.3
- Fixed bug where clicking the LiveLooper Start button would sometimes not start recording, especially with high CPU load or when the audio driver buffer size was not set to a multiple of 64 samples.
- Fixed crash: assertion failure “length >= fadeLengthSamples_” if you changed the sample rate in AudioMulch’s Audio General settings while LiveLooper was recording.
- Fixed bug where PulseComb hold would get permanently stuck on if you set the Hold Quantize Divisions multiplier to zero with Quantize Amount set to non-zero.
- Fixed bug in PulseComb hold quantize behavior (present since version 2.1): Hold Quantize was taking priority over the Hold Period causing rapid holds when the hold duration should have been at least as long as Hold Period. To get the previous “buggy” behavior use a very short Hold Period.
- Fixed bug in SDelay where delay times would not be displayed correctly (clamped to a maximum value of 32) when recalling presets that switched delay units from rhythmic units to milliseconds.
- Display preset names in preset automation hover tooltips.
- Fixed crash when recalling AudioMulch presets with DFX Transverb VST Plugin.
- Mac: fixed crash when selecting the contraption editor “Close All” menu item when the mouse cursor was positioned over a sub-control of the editor.
- Mac: fixed bug where using the “Refresh Plugins List” context menu would cause subsequent documents to load the wrong VST plugins until AudioMulch was restarted.
- Mac: increased limit on concurrently open file handles to improve compatibility with some streaming sampler plugins (e.g. NI Kontakt). Fixes crashes when selecting File > Open… or File > Save As… after using a Kontakt sample set that streams many files from disk.
- Mac: fixed VST plugin unloading logic that could cause crashes when mixing VST and AU versions of some plugins (e.g. Korg Legacy).
- Mac: fixed white flashes when closing some Audio Unit plugin custom editor windows.
- Mac (OS X 10.7 Lion only): fixed intermittent crash when switching Metasurface to full screen.
AudioMulch for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $189 USD.
More information: AudioMulch