Rough Diamond Productions has released two new VST plug-ins for Windows PC: granulOSO (v0.5 beta), a granular sample masher, and studioCLOCK, a free plug-in which tells the time.
As well as synth primitives, granulOSO can be coaxed into lo-fi timestretching with degree of stretch, and grain size adjustable on the fly. Whilst doing this, granulOSO uses a mono trigger with polyphonic pitch so each new note’s samples join in rather than start again so it can be used as a gnarly harmonizer.
- Mono or 6 note Poly.
- 3 loop modes.
- ADSR Envelope.
- 4 LFOs [1 each of triangle, ramp, saw and square].
- LFOs are freely assignable to modulate pitch, detune, coarse loop points and fine loop points.
- Dual waveform displays with zoom.
- Plays 16 or 24 bit wave files [32/44.1/48/88.2/96k].
- Includes example source material and 8 presets.
Rough Diamond Productions has also announced the release of version 1.0 of autoBED (lookahead ducker with sidechain input), baddASS (bass drum fortification device), and sideGATE (lookahead flexigate).
Until August 1st, a bundle of these three plug-ins are available at an introductory price of £25 GBP, a savings of £10 GBP.
The current beta version of granulOSO (and other beta plug-ins) is free for personal use, or donationware (minimum of £5 GBP) for commercial use.