rs-met releases Pitch Shifter
rs-met has released Pitch Shifter, a freeware VST plug-in for Windows PC.
This shifter is based on a delayline with two crossfaded read pointers (as a metaphor from the analog world, think of a loop of tape with one recording head and two play heads mounted on a rotating head drum). Such an architecture allows for feedback – and feedback gives the potential to rather drastic, weird special effects like monster-voices, flanger-like effects and more.
Pitch Shifter features
- Pitch shift coarsely in semitones, finetune in cents.
- Output of the pitch shifter is a delayed copy of a segment of the input signal, played back
at a different speed (so it is delayed, and pitch shifted).
- Dry/Wet control.
- Grain Length: control the size of the grains.
- Grain-adapt: adjust the grain-length in units of multiples of the pitch period rather than in milliseconds.
- Anti-Alias low-pass filtering.
Visit rs-met for more information and a link to download Pitch Shifter.