Note: this post is from 2008, outbound links may be broken.
Saku Tiainen releases BeatEd v1.1 for S60
Saku Tiainen has released version 1.1 of BeatEd, a simple drum machine application for Symbian S60 mobile phones.
It was originally developed in couple of nights to get a drum machine and metronome application for personal guitar playing purposes. After getting a lot of new ideas and positive feedback, I decided to improve it a bit and make a decent public release of it. So here it is, have fun!
BeatEd v1.1 features
- Easy to use beat editor, even easier beat player.
- Change tempo and volume while playing.
- Edit beat on-the-fly while playing.
- 16 bit 16 channel audio mixer.
- Extremely accurate beat timing (1-999 BPM).
- Real-time VU meters.
- 16 different drum tracks.
- Supports S60 v3.x mobile phones.
- Adjusts to different screen layouts.
- Random volume variance.
- and much more..
BeatEd supports all S60 3rd edition devices (tested on Nokia 6120 Classic, N82, N91, N93i, N95, E51, E60, E65, E70, E90 Communicator).
Visit the BeatEd website for more information and a link to download the latest version of BeatEd.