The Trumpet is the result of a many-year research carried out by Giorgio Tommasini and Peter Siedlaczek, who also performed all the recordings.
Samplemodeling – The Trumpet
The Trumpet features
- The Trumpet includes several instruments belonging to the same family, namely three Bb trumpets (each slightly different, so that they can be played as a section in unison), German Trumpet, Cornet, Flügelhorn and Piccolo Trumpet. Five different mutes (Bucket, Cup, Harmon, Harmon + stem, and Straight) can be applied to the Bb trumpets.
- 237 MB of samples, chromatically performed by a professional trumpet player over a very wide dynamic range, in an anechoic environment, and recorded with state-of-the-art technology. All samples are 24 bit, are unlooped, and have a minimal duration of 10 sec.
- The Virtual Trumpet engine is structured according to an adaptive model, based on the performance “fingerprints” of the real trumpet.
Dynamic interpolation is carried out at 32 bit, using a development of the proprietary “harmonic alignment” technology, successfully employed for the Stradivari Violin and the Gofriller Cello.
- Proprietary modal resonance IRs, innovative techniques for sample modulation, and advanced AI midi processing are used for real time construction of all articulations and morphing across dynamics, vibrato, legato, portamento, trills, vibrato-like endings, shakes and so forth.
- Velocity remapping – Automatic detection of any velocity inhomogeneities or non-linearity emitted by the keyboard, and provides automatic remapping to any desired curve. Remapping of some midi controllers is also provided.
- GUI Knobs – All the controllers needed for proper functioning of the instrument are mapped to virtual knobs in a GUI panel, which can be activated by a drop down menu.
- Performance Keyswitches – Allowing to create real time articulations which are too difficult to perform with the usual interplay of expression pedal, pitchbend and modwheel. Sforzato, crescendo, sforzato-crescendo, on-the-fly modulation and different types of release, can be obtained by a simple touch on one of the keyswitches.
- Automated split portamento – A real trumpet may play different types of legato/portamento, with or without valves. The sound is different, since a different harmonic resonance is excited. This is nicely reproduced by The Trumpet’s adaptive model.
Samplemodeling The Trumpet retails for 149 EUR + VAT.