Samplemodeling releases The Trombone
Samplemodeling has announced the release of The Trombone, a Kontakt 4 Player powered virtual Trombone instrument.
The Trombone family expands Samplemodeling™ technologies beyond the original limits. An entirely new class of Harmonic Alignment has been developed, allowing continuous transition across virtually infinite dynamics, at the same time perfectly preserving the peculiar, “spiky” waveform of this instrument. Multi-microphone anechoic recording, coupled to a specially devised “early reflections” impulse response, allowed to reproduce the full, rich timbre of the instrument including its radiation pattern, adding at same time a virtual space to the anechoic sound.
The Trombone features
- The base material of the instruments (two Tenor, one Valve and one Bass Trombone) consists of 714 MB of samples, chromatically performed by a professional trombone player over a very wide dynamic range.
- All samples are unlooped, and have a minimum duration of 8 sec.
- As “The Trumpet”, the Trombone engine is structured according to an adaptive model, based on the performance “fingerprints” of the real instrument. The purpose of the model is to minimize the differences between the real phrases and those played by the virtual instrument.
- Proprietary modal resonance IRs, innovative techniques for sample modulation, and advanced AI midi processing are used for real time construction of all articulations and morphing across dynamics, vibrato, legato, portamento, trills, vibrato-like endings, shakes and so forth.
- Pseudo-random detuning, based on real performance-derived trends, is another outstanding new feature of The Trombone, adding further realism.
- The slide effect has been perfectly reproduced by a novel application of the “Harmonic Alignment” technology. Ultra-realistic slide effects can be obtained by proper use of the pitchbend, but are also automatically activated by overlapped legato. As in the real instrument, a continuous glissando effect will be obtained if the portamento interval is within +/- 3 semitones.
The Trombone is available to purchase for PC and Mac, priced at 149 EUR excl. VAT. All registered owners of any Samplemodeling instrument will be entitled to a 10% discount when purchasing The Trombone, a special offer that is valid until July 31, 2010.