Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
SampleOddity releases Peculiar Percussion
SampleOddity has released Peculiar Percussion, a free sample library.
I bet you probably like to use actual instruments when making music… objects designed expressly to produce sounds. But the whole world is a percussion instrument! Even the most mundane objects can add a unique tonal color to your compositions. Those same objects, when manipulated digitally, explode into a whole new set of tones and textures! Peculiar Percussion is a collection of random objects with untapped musical potential.
Peculiar Percussion features
- 83MB of samples / 32MB .rar download
- 10 instruments
- 1 wooden door
- 1 wooden railing
- 1 ventilation duct
- 1 metal lid
- 1 trowel
- 4 PeculiarPads – atmospheric pad instruments
- 1 Rail-o-chord – chromatic instrument derived from railing hits
- 10 Round Robin hits on all percussion
- .wav files are open for you to browse/alter/use as sound effects.
- Includes patches for Kontakt (Kontakt 2.2.4 / 3.5 / 4 full version required).
Peculiar Percussion is available as a free download.