Schaack Audio releases Quad v2.0
Schaak Audio has released version 2.0 of Quad, an open-architecture Digital Vinyl System (DVS).
Quad V2 has been completely rewritten nearly from scratch, and offers a new fully resizable and customizable GUI, an improved Browser, MIDI controller feedback for endless rotary MIDI controllers and motorized Fader controllers.
Quad v2.0 features
- Open architecture
- Compatible with any soundcard (Windows: ASIO driver required).
- Software RIAA Phono pre-amplification allows connecting turntables directly to Line Inputs on the soundcard.
- Nearly every parameter is MIDI controllable.
- Totally configurable audio routing.
- Easy MIDI Learn.
- Compatible with nearly all MIDI Controllers on the market (accepts CC & Note On/Off MIDI messages).
- MIDI feedback for endless rotary MIDI controllers or motorized fader MIDI controllers.
- Resizable and completely user-configurable GUI: Channels may be shown/hidden, EQ/Filter/asf. may be shown/hidden.
- Total control
- 1-4 decks may be used to control 1-4 tracks (MP3s/WAVs).
- Custom Vinyl Tracking algorithm provides a near-analog scratch experience.
- Perfect tempo-synchronization of up to 4 tracks using SYNC.
- Powerful 1-deck support (one single turntable may be used to mix up to 4 tracks).
- Virtual Zero Lock Range makes pitch 0 really 0 and virtually eliminates the “resting point” at pitch 0 on old turntables.
- Recording the mix as .WAV during mixing is possible.
- Keyboard shortcuts allow using Quad without touching the mouse.
- Preview Player for fast pre-listening of tracks on Headphones.
- Advanced sound processing
- Fresh sounding filters (X-Filter, SVF).
- 3-band Equalizers with parametric mids from 100Hz to 10kHz.
- Tempo-matched FX (Flanger, Phaser, Echo, Delay, LFO Filter, …).
- Tempo-matched Loop Samplers.
- Any audio material (real Vinyl / CDs / Mic / …) may be routed from the soundcard’s inputs into Quad for mixing and FX-processing.
- Crossfader with 3 curves.
- Support for VST plugins (Windows only at the moment).
- Look-ahead limiters on each ASIO output avoid audible audio distortions when signal becomes too hot.
- Managing your tunes
- New, improved browser.
- ID3 Tags are editable.
- Create cases of your favourite tunes and music styles.
- 4 assignable Cue Points per track.
Quad 2.0 is available now for Windows and Mac and costs 89 EUR.
Visit Schaack Audio for more information.
Short links for August 18th, 2008