ScorchCrafter has released the C120, a virtual guitar amp head effect.
The SC C120 is a complete guitar amp head emulator in a VST/AU plug-in, using 64-bit internal distortion. After being in development for a over a year, it is now GPL-ed open source starting with version 3.0.
SC C120 features
- 64-bit internal processing multi-stage distortion.
- Two input EQ filters.
- Two stages of output EQ tone stack.
- High-gain and grundge/semi-clean channels.
- Should work on older machines as well, advanced CPU instructions not required (SSE, SSE2, etc.).
- Independent oversampling controls for both online and offline audio processing.
- Oversampling up to 16x internally, also with “mute” and “bypass” settings.
- Should run in most 32-bit DAW hosts as well (support for v2.4 VSTs required).
- GPL license only applies to plug-in itself – any audio created is 100% YOURS.
- Runs at sample rates from 44,100 Hz (minimum) up to 768,000 Hz (max can be changed with recompile of source code).
- Used to be (but is no longer) a closed-source freeware experiment for a long time, now open source starting with version 3.x.
The ScorchCrafter C120 is available as a free VST effect plug-in for Windows. Mac and Linux versions are expected soon.
More information: ScorchCrafter