Wire Grind has announced the release of Advanced Noise Gate, a gate effect plug-in for Windows.
Advanced Noise Gate applies equalization to both the input signal and the output signal. For the input signal, equalization is applied prior to level detection. For the output signal, there are two equalization states: one state is applied when the gate is open, and the other state is applied when the gate is closed. This allows the gate to toggle between the two equalization states, and it provides the equivalent of multi-band range control.
Advanced Noise Gate also includes several features that use time, logic, and probability to control the gate. These features include attack delay, early gate release, time-based muting, and probabilistic muting.
Advanced Noise Gate features
- Frequency conscious input detection.
- Dual-state output equalization.
- Attack delay.
- Early gate release.
- Time-based muting.
- Probabilistic muting.
- Two attack envelopes.
- Independent and linked channel processing.
- Level detection using both peak and RMS.
- Side chaining.
The plug-in is available for Windows (VST), priced at $149 USD.
More information: Wire Grind / Advanced Noise Gate
, audio editor
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Aug 08, 2014 - 0 comments
iZotope announced RX4 and RX4 Advanced, a new version of the audio repair toolkit for Windows and Mac.
iZotope’s Emmy Award-winning RX software is the most robust and best-sounding audio repair toolkit on the market. Musicians, audio engineers, and post production professionals all use RX to transform noisy, distorted, or flawed audio into pristine material.
Launching this September, the new RX 4 is the ultimate companion to your DAW or NLE. Speed up your workflow with intelligent new modules, time-saving new features, and deeper levels of integration with your host.
New in RX4
- Clip Gain: Easily adjust and balance the volume of vocals and instruments with this new non-destructive editing feature.
- Dialogue Denoiser: Reduce distracting background noise from dialogue and vocals in real time (now a standard feature with both RX 4 and RX 4 Advanced).
- RX Connect: Streamline your process with a round-trip workflow compatible with Pro Tools, Logic, and other popular hosts.
For audio professionals in post production, music production, and mastering, the Advanced version of RX 4 boasts additional time-saving features.
New in RX4 Advanced
- Leveler: Automatically balance the volume of your mix, freeing more time for creative mix decisions.
- EQ Match: Ensure a consistent-sounding mix by seamlessly matching multiple recordings with varying sonic profiles.
RX 4 and RX 4 Advanced will be available September, 2014. Customers who purchase RX 3 or RX 3 Advanced will receive a free upgrade to RX 4 or RX4 Advanced upon release. All previous RX customers will be eligible for special upgrade pricing upon release.
More information: iZotope
Moog Music has released a free Theremini Advanced Software Editor for iPad.
Unlock your Theremini’s previously unseen world of sonic features with The Moog Theremini Advanced Software Editor. This editor puts the power of sound design in your hands by allowing you to access new layers of the Theremini’s synthesis engine.
Easily craft new and exciting sounds for your Moog Theremini, re-sculpt existing presets, and share your sonic creations with others. The Moog Theremini Advanced Software Editor also includes an exclusive library of new presets to kick-start your creative process.
The Theremini Advanced Software Editor for iPad is available to download free of chrage. It will also be available for Windows and Mac soon.
More information: Moog Music / Theremini
Christian Budde has released Advanced Clipper, a freeware VST effect plug-in for Windows PC.
The ‘Advanced Clipper’ is basically a hard clipping plugin with two stages. Additional oversampling reduces alias noise. The oversampling algorithm is based on butterworth filters (as can be found in rubberfilter) and thus will affect the group delay (you can notice a delay of some samples in extreme cases).
Advanced Clipper features
- Two stages of minimum phase, butterworth oversampler.
- Hard clip at higher sample rates.
- Oversampling of up to 16x (in both stages).
- Filter order up to 64 (using the max. order will introduce noticable group delay).
- Tunable transition frequency (in parameter view).
- Several presets.
- Nice GUI.
Visit Christian Budde for more information and a link to download Advanced Clipper.
iZotope has released Ozone 6, the latest version of the creative mastering suite for Windows and Mac.
Elevate a good-sounding mix to a professional-sounding master with Ozone. iZotope’s critically acclaimed mastering software has all the tools you need to produce a full and polished sound.
With a striking new interface and a modern workflow, Ozone 6 both guides and inspires your creativity at every step.
The Advanced version of Ozone 6 includes a powerful new Dynamic EQ that lives and breathes with your music, as well as eight component plug-ins and a suite of configurable meters.
Changes in Ozone 6
- New Analog Hardware-modeled EQ filter shapes — Harness the sonic characteristics of classic EQ designs with new filter shapes including Baxandall Bass and Treble filters and API-style Proportional Q filters. Also new to Ozone 6 are Band Shelf filters and Resonant High and Low shelves.
- Surgical Mode — All digital linear-phase filters are now matched to analog shapes; however, Surgical Mode allows you to utilize the precision of digital shapes for extreme cuts with minimum slope.
- Variable EQ Phase Control — Digital linear-phase filters now feature per-node variable phase control for subtly adding phase delay to smooth out boosts that may sound harsh.
- Seamless Bypass — Audition changes to your audio by gain-matching bypassed audio to your Ozone-processed signal for faster and more accurate A/B testing.
- Customizable Signal Chain — Host your third-party VST/AU plug-ins in the standalone application. Then build your mastering signal chain from scratch or load a preset and add, remove, and swap the order of modules.
- Module Gain Meters — Monitor gain-staging across processing modules with Module Gain Meters that instantly illustrate where you’re boosting and cutting gain across your signal chain.
- Transient Emphasis — Preserve rhythmic detail while maximizing loudness with Transient Emphasis, which adds smart emphasis to transients by preserving sharp attacks.
- Diode and Dual Triode Exciter Modes — Modeled after actual hardware circuitry, these Exciter modes offer vintage saturation from subtle warmth to more pronounced edge.
- Stereoize Control — Add width to narrow or mono recordings without introducing phase artifacts.
- Variable Knee Compression — Get precise control over compression characteristics by choosing between hard and soft compression.
- Dynamics Detection Enhancements — Simulate smoother analog-style compression with both High-Pass and API Thrust-inspired Tilt filters. Use the True Envelope detection mode for RMS-style compression (flat frequency response and low distortion) triggered equally across the frequency spectrum.
- New Presets — All newly designed presets utilize the improvements introduced in Ozone 6 including new Component Plug-in Presets with Ozone Advanced.
- Standalone Application — Now available as both a plug-in and as a standalone application, Ozone 6 adds a number of forward-thinking features that simplify traditional mastering workflows, including:
- Automatic color-coded waveform segmentation.
- Tops/tails trims and fades with multiple shape types.
- Third-party plug-in hosting (VST/AU Support).
- Single/all-track export with iZotope SRC (sample rate conversion).
- Auto-adjusted MBIT+ Dither at output.
- Fully contained project folders.
Changes in Ozone 6 Advanced
- Dynamic EQ Module — Ozone Advanced adds the new Dynamic EQ module, an EQ that lives and breathes with your music. Harness the precision of an equalizer with the musical ballistics of a compressor. Integrated with an intuitive workflow, these processors work in concert to create a valuable mastering tool that excels where traditional EQs and compressors fail.
- Dynamic EQ Component Plug-in — Ozone 6 Advanced also includes a component Dynamic EQ plug-in for use throughout your audio editing software signal chain.
Ozone 6 is available for purchase for the introductory price of $199 USD through November 13th, 2014 (regular $249 USD). Ozone 6 Advanced is $599 USD (regular $999 USD).
More information: iZotope / Ozone 6
Time+Space has announced two value announcements for iZotope’s Alloy and Ozone 5 Advanced mixing and mastering software. iZotope’s Alloy gets cheaper, the upgrade to Ozone 5 Advanced discounted. Alloy Essential Mixing Tools – price drop … read more
Ftec-Audio has released the Formant Classic Advanced virtual synthesizer instrument for Windows. The Formant Classic Advanced is an extended Donation Ware version of the “Formant Classic” Free Ware version based on the legendary Elektor Formant … read more
Advanced Waves has released version 1.2.0 of Track Align Pro, a VST plug-in for Mac allowing to time align an audio track to a reference one in real-time. TAP processing is looking at each sample … read more
iZotope has announced the release of its RX 3 and RX 3 Advanced complete audio repair suite. Rescue your audio from the cutting room floor! With remedies for noise, clipping, hum, buzz, crackles, and more, … read more
Outbound link: iZotope
/ RX 3
– Related: AAX
, audio editor
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Sep 12, 2013 - 1 comment
Producertech has announced the first of many live teaching events, starting in November with 2 Ableton Live weekends by certified trainer Rob Jones. These weekends, one for Beginners and one for Advanced level users, include … read more
Outbound link: Producertech
– Related: Ableton
, Paul Maddox
, Rob Jones
Posted in news
on Oct 11, 2013 - 0 comments