Cakewalk has announced the release of SONAR X1 Advanced Workshop: Next Level with Craig Anderton, an instructional video tutorial.
Picking up where SONAR X1 Advanced Workshop left off, SONAR X1 Advanced Workshop: Next Level stretches your imagination and redefines what you thought was possible with SONAR X1. With decades of experience as a producer, engineer, and performer, Craig Anderton dissects SONAR X1 to a level never seen before. And best of all, he de-mystifies these techniques for users of any level.
Well beyond the in-depth exploration of production techniques in the first Advanced Workshop, SONAR X1 Advanced Workshop: Next Level includes 30 never-before-seen video tutorials that will blow away even the most veteran SONAR user. With nearly 2 hours of run time, these video tutorials provide insight and techniques that only Craig, the quintessential gear-geek, can provide. Ever heard of an “Acoustifier”? Craig shows you how to construct one inside SONAR X1—in minutes. Wish you could re-create some of the vintage effects, like true tape flanging, that defined music in the 60s and 70s? Now you can, thanks to an entire chapter dedicated to Vintage Effects. How about ambient and spatial effects once possible only in expensive studios? Final touches to masters? Virtual guitar re-tuning? Unprecedented distortion sounds? All are possible inside SONAR X1, as this video guides you with step-by-step details.
SONAR X1 Advanced Workshop: Next Level features
- 30 never-before-seen video tutorials dedicated to SONAR X1.
- 1 hour 52 minutes running time.
- Includes exciting new SONAR X1 Producer Expanded and ProChannel Modules features.
- Official Cakewalk video written by Craig Anderton.
- MP4 format: watch on your PC, iOS device, or Android device.
SONAR X1 Advanced Workshop: Next Level with Craig Anderton is available to purchase at the introductory price of $29.99 USD / £24.99 GBP / 29.99 EUR through December 31, 2011.
More information: Cakewalk / SONAR X1 Advanced Workshop: Next Level
iZotope has announced the release of Ozone 5 and Ozone 5 Advanced.
Ozone 5 is an update to iZotope’s critically acclaimed software mastering suite. Ozone 5 Advanced is a professional mastering suite that expands Ozone’s feature set with individual component plug-ins, extended features, and the brand-new Ozone Meter Bridge.
“Whether you’re a musician, engineer, or mastering pro, Ozone 5 lets you master music and other audio simply and efficiently,” says Nick Dika, iZotope Senior Product Manager. “Ozone 5 is the biggest update we’ve ever offered, with improvements that will appeal to Ozone experts and new users alike. Ozone 5 Advanced is designed to set a new industry standard for mastering tools. Advanced includes many exclusive features, and offers mixing and mastering engineers an even higher level of flexibility, precision and control.”
New in Ozone 5
- Pristine Sound and Enhanced DSP – Each module has been updated with refined signal processing algorithms to bring you a new level of mastering quality. The most complete mastering suite available has never sounded better.
- Optimized Workflow and Updated Interface – iZotope has redesigned Ozone’s user interface to allow for finer control while placing important features right at your fingertips. New users can jump in without a steep learning curve while experienced Ozone fans will feel right at home.
- Visual Feedback – Every module features updated metering to help guide you to the perfect-sounding master.
Ozone 5 Advanced builds on iZotope’s reputation for superior sound quality and industry-standard audio mastering tools.
Each module in Ozone 5 Advanced is equipped with extended features made specifically for mixing and mastering professionals. For added flexibility, Ozone 5 Advanced allows customers to use each of the mastering modules as individual plug-ins. Combining essential visualization from Ozone’s modules with new metering tools, the all-new Meter Bridge provides a suite of audio analysis tools that help you visualize changes made during the mastering process, troubleshoot problematic mixes, and compare reference tracks.
Ozone 5 Advanced Includes:
- Extended Features – Ozone 5 Advanced provides deeper control within every module in Ozone. Advanced exclusives include a variable-phase EQ, Loudness Maximizer modes with Transient Recovery and Stereo Link controls, mono-compatible stereo synthesis features and much more.
- Meter Bridge – The powerful Meter Bridge introduces a high resolution real-time 3D spectrogram with unique mix analysis features, BS.1770-2 compatible stereo loudness metering, resizable spectrum analyzer, and a vectorscope with stereo balance and correlation meters.
- Meter Taps – For mixing and stem mastering, multiple audio streams can be superimposed on a 2D or 3D plot using Ozone 5 Advanced’s Meter Tap plug-ins. Meter Taps enable unprecedented visualization of how a mix’s elements fit together.
- Component Plug-ins – Use Ozone 5 Advanced’s mastering modules as an integrated mastering system or as individual plug-ins. Move module presets between Ozone 5 Advanced and its components freely.
Ozone 5 and Ozone 5 Advanced will be available for a suggested retail price of $249 / 195 EUR and $999 / 799 EUR respectively. Current Ozone customers may upgrade for $149 USD to Ozone 5 or $499 USD to Ozone 5 Advanced. Ozone 4 customers who purchased after October 1, 2011 will receive a free upgrade to Ozone 5 Standard upon release.
More information: iZotope
Samplecraze has announced the release of The Art of Drum Layering Advanced video tutorial by Eddie Bazil.
The Samplecraze Art of Drum Layering Advanced video tutorial continues where the highly successful book The Art of Drum Layering and the SOS Drum -layering Masterclass left off. Why wade through hundreds of drum sounds hoping to find the best one for your song when you can create your own unique drum sounds that will sit well in the mix without clashing with other elements or causing frequency smearing?
With over an hour of new content demonstrating all the techniques in real time, you’ll learn how to assemble new sounds using ADSR elements, how to morph them into new sonic textures using creative phase and phase cancellation techniques, and how to work with filters across multiple drum layers to avoid frequency clashes.
Eddie Bazil also reveals specialist mid/side techniques that add width, depth, and overall thickness to your final sounds, and even demonstrates how to stack layers for incredibly deep and hard-hitting drum sounds like those featured in his acclaimed DruMM libraries. If you need innovative drum sounds across a wide range of genres that slot perfectly into your mixes, this advanced video tutorial is the key.
The video tutorial is available to purchase for $15 USD.
More information: Samplecraze / The Art of Drum Layering Advanced
hamburg-audio has released Nuklear, the first plugin synthesizer based on advanced pulsar synthesis.
NUKLEAR™ comes with unique pulsar oscillators and enriches classic sound synthesis with essential new parameters: by disassociating the note pitch from the waveform length it is possible to create new, previously unheard sounds.
As opposed to classic sound synthesis not the waveform length, but solely its repetition rate is responsible for the resulting pitch. The length of the individual “pulsaret grains” is controlled and modulated by a separate parameter, the “pulsaret frequency”.
- Advanced pulsar synthesis with 4 pulsar train generators and up to 16 voices.
- 26 pulsar waveforms and 4 pulsar envelope waveforms.
- 8 low frequency oscillators.
- 8 ADSHR envelope.
- Built-in delay effect with sync option.
- Built-in distortion effect with 3 distortion types.
- 16-step sequencer with 8 programmable patterns for note and multiple parameter modulation control.
Nuklear is available to purchase for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) for 169 EUR.
More information: hamburg-audio
Posted in news
on Oct 02, 2012 - 0 comments
Time+Space has announced a limited time promotion for iZotope’s RX2 and RX2 Advanced complete audio repair software throughout October, 2012.
Got an annoying text message beep in the background of your podcast recording?
Need to get rid of that amp hum from your live recording?
Perhaps you’re restoring your old vinyl and want to get rid of those familiar crackles?
iZotope RX2 is the most complete audio repair toolkit on the market, enabling you to remove noise, hiss, buzz and hum, eliminate clicks and crackle, restore clipped audio, visually select and suppress unwanted sounds, resynthesize missing audio and much more. Just listen to the before and after demos to hear how well it works!
RX2 was designed from the ground up specifically for audio restoration and repair with tons of features including…
- Rich spectrogram display visualizes the audio in an incredibly intuitive and precise way.
- New Lasso, Brush and Magic Wand tools allow natural freehand selections around problem sounds.
- Spectral Repair resynthesises audio allowing you to seamlessly remove unwanted individual sounds or even fill gaps in your recording.
- Edit History tracks every change allowing you to undo and compare processing.
- Compare Settings lets you process and audition multiple settings side by side.
- Batch processor can process tons of files quickly with any combination of modules.
- Standalone application and a suite of plug-ins for your DAW to fit the way you want to work.
RX2 is available to purchase for £179 GBP throughout October (£70 off RRP), RX2 Advanced is £549 GBP (£250 off RRP).
More information: Time+Space / iZotope RX2
Klanghelm Audio Plugins has released version 2.2 of its DC8C advanced compressor effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
DC8C is one of the most flexible compressors around. While making a lot of different compression styles possible, it’s general nature may be described as: clear, smooth, open, distinct.
Changes in DC8C v2.2
- FIX: overs in LIMITER mode under some circumstances.
- CHANGE: feedback signal is grabbed before the output control now: so increasing output gain doesn’t lead to more gain reduction, when feedback is used for the detector (FB-MIX > 0 and EASY modes).
- CHANGE: updated feedback path to avoid “clickiness” at very short attack times and and heavy gain reduction.
- CHANGE: when using the mix control the dry mix signal is the unprocessed signal without input and output gain and without saturation.
- CHANGE: negative release PROG DEP is now possible in SMASH mode too making release times down to 2ms possible on extreme settings and high GR.
- FIX/CHANGE: attack PROG DEP is working as expected now, it’s been completely rewritten and detached from the release PROG DEP. So it’s easier to use both attack and release PROG DEP at the same time.
- CHANGE: internal timings of oversampled and non-oversampled operation are aligned now.
DC8C for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for 20 EUR. The update is free for all existing users.
More information: Klanghelm / DC8C
Cakewalk has announced the release of its SONAR X1 Advanced Workshop with Craig Anderton instructional DVD.
Beyond simple tutorial on how to get up and running with SONAR X1, this compilation of advanced workshop videos provide in-depth exploration of techniques that add up to a true master class.
SONAR X1 Advanced Workshop with Craig Anderton, a ground-breaking collection of advanced SONAR X1 techniques, is Cakewalk’s first official video tutorial. Craig is one of the most respected music industry experts in the world today, and his novel, real-world insights and tips will help any SONAR X1 user make music more creatively and efficiently.
The 1 hour and 40 minute video touches on a wide range of subjects, including vintage effects emulation, repairing damaged tracks, mastering within SONAR, “virtual multi-miking” techniques for acoustic instruments, perfect looping with any pad, convolution-based sound design, constructing a looper in SONAR with unique features, humanizing step sequencer patterns, album assembly, and much more – 31 videos total.
Presented in a practical, easy-to-understand style that demystifies otherwise complex topics, these videos also represent the state-of-the-art in video instruction with tight editing, superb sound quality, and excellent use of the video medium.
SONAR X1 Advanced Workshop with Craig Anderton is available at the Cakewalk Store at an introductory price of $29.99 USD/£24.99 GBP/€29.99 EUR.
More information: Cakewalk / SONAR X1 Advanced Workshop with Craig Anderton
Time+Space has announced a limited time promotion on Ozone 5 Advanced, the mastering system by iZotope.
Take your mastering to the next level with iZotope Ozone 5 January deals.
Whether you´re looking to upgrade from an older version of Ozone or are completely new to iZotope´s critically acclaimed mastering suite, there´s a special deal for you with lower pricing on Ozone 5 Advanced and Upgrades throughout January at Time+Space.
The process of mastering ranges from correcting mistakes made in the mix to preparing a recording for target listening environments. Like a final coat of polish, mastering makes the difference between a good-sounding mix and a professional-sounding master.
Ozone 5, with its eight essential mastering tools – Maximizer, Equalizer, Dynamics, Stereo Imaging, Post Equalizer, Harmonic Exciter, Reverb, and Dithering – makes it easier than ever for anyone to master their audio simply and efficiently.
Ozone 5 Advanced is now available to purchase for £499 GBP / 551 EUR (30% off). Various upgrade offers for Ozone 5 and Ozone 5 Advanced are also available.
The promotion ends January 31st, 2014.
More information: Time+Space / Ozone 5 Advanced Sale