McDSP Audio Level eXtension (ALX) has released LouderLogic version 1.1, an app which enhances music, audiobooks, and podcasts with perfect volume balance at maximum fidelity.
LouderLogic is the only audio player featuring Audio Level eXtension (ALX) technology by McDSP, eliminating unwanted volume fluctuations between songs and helping listeners hear the quiet parts of their music, books, and podcasts, even in noisy environments. Great for listening in the car, train, or airplane, and for keeping all your music at just the right volume.
McDSP has been improving audio for major motion pictures, music productions, and live performances worldwide for over a decade. Now you can put some of the same advanced patent pending audio algorithms into your iPhone and iPad!
- Automatically minimizes volume variations in existing audio library using ALX technology.
- Improves audio fidelity and listening enjoyment, even in noisy environments.
- Sleek interface for browsing by playlist, album, artist, etc.
- Two ALX modes for music and audiobooks/podcasts, with automatic mode switching.
- Realtime ALX metering shows amount of audio level extension.
- Multitasking support for playing audio in the background.
LouderLogic for iOS is available to purchase for $1.99 USD.
More information: McDSP / LouderLogic
hamburg-audio has released Nuklear, the first plugin synthesizer based on advanced pulsar synthesis.
NUKLEAR™ comes with unique pulsar oscillators and enriches classic sound synthesis with essential new parameters: by disassociating the note pitch from the waveform length it is possible to create new, previously unheard sounds.
As opposed to classic sound synthesis not the waveform length, but solely its repetition rate is responsible for the resulting pitch. The length of the individual “pulsaret grains” is controlled and modulated by a separate parameter, the “pulsaret frequency”.
- Advanced pulsar synthesis with 4 pulsar train generators and up to 16 voices.
- 26 pulsar waveforms and 4 pulsar envelope waveforms.
- 8 low frequency oscillators.
- 8 ADSHR envelope.
- Built-in delay effect with sync option.
- Built-in distortion effect with 3 distortion types.
- 16-step sequencer with 8 programmable patterns for note and multiple parameter modulation control.
Nuklear is available to purchase for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) for 169 EUR.
More information: hamburg-audio
Cakewalk has announced the release of its SONAR X1 Advanced Workshop with Craig Anderton instructional DVD.
Beyond simple tutorial on how to get up and running with SONAR X1, this compilation of advanced workshop videos provide in-depth exploration of techniques that add up to a true master class.
SONAR X1 Advanced Workshop with Craig Anderton, a ground-breaking collection of advanced SONAR X1 techniques, is Cakewalk’s first official video tutorial. Craig is one of the most respected music industry experts in the world today, and his novel, real-world insights and tips will help any SONAR X1 user make music more creatively and efficiently.
The 1 hour and 40 minute video touches on a wide range of subjects, including vintage effects emulation, repairing damaged tracks, mastering within SONAR, “virtual multi-miking” techniques for acoustic instruments, perfect looping with any pad, convolution-based sound design, constructing a looper in SONAR with unique features, humanizing step sequencer patterns, album assembly, and much more – 31 videos total.
Presented in a practical, easy-to-understand style that demystifies otherwise complex topics, these videos also represent the state-of-the-art in video instruction with tight editing, superb sound quality, and excellent use of the video medium.
SONAR X1 Advanced Workshop with Craig Anderton is available at the Cakewalk Store at an introductory price of $29.99 USD/£24.99 GBP/€29.99 EUR.
More information: Cakewalk / SONAR X1 Advanced Workshop with Craig Anderton
Sounds To Sample has released Advanced Club Sounds 01: Murasame, a sample library from Katana Bits.
Fusing pumping progressive workouts, blissful trance melodics and filthy electro basslines, Murasame delivers a floor-rocking 2.7GB collection of construction kits, loop sets and one-shots.
Advanced Club Sounds 01: Murasame features
- 1,025 Wav loops and one-shots (24-bit), 2.7 GB content.
- 23 track-starting construction kits, each loaded with between 12 and 37 stripped loops of drum elements, bass, synth leads, pads, arps and FX, all of which layer seamlessly.
- Drums are divided into their individual elements (kick-only, snare/clap, percs, hi-hats, cymbals) as well as various mixed drum loops.
- Synth leads, arps, pads and bass often come with one or more variants (changing filters or effects) for subtle arrangement progressions.
- 15 drum loop kits, each offered with a full drum mix as well as each individual element broken out, plus a selection of stripped mixed drum loop variants. Each loop kit contains between 10 and 37 stripped drum loops.
- 157 finely-honed one-shots, covering FX impacts and sweeps, kicks, crashes, FX and searing synth shots.
Advanced Club Sounds 01: Murasame is available to purchase from Sounds To Sample for 49.95 EUR.
More information: Sounds To Sample / Advanced Club Sounds 01: Murasame
Sounds To Sample has released Advanced Hard Dance 01: Raikiri, a sample library by Katana Bits.
Katana Bits announce their arrival on S2S with 1.8GB of powerful, precision engineered hard techno construction kits, loops and one-shots – the musical equivalent of an iron fist in a velvet glove.
The collection kicks off with 12 ready-rolled construction kits, each stacked with between 17 and 44 stripped loops of drum elements, bass, synth leads, pads, arps and more.
Drums are divided into their individual elements (kick-only, snare/clap, percs, hi-hats, cymbals) as well as various mixed drum loops.
Synth leads, arps, pads and bass also come with one or more variant mixes for subtle arrangement control.
Next up is a folder of 110 kick-free tops and percs loops – just add a your kick of choice and build and instant track backbone rhythm. Layer, chop and re-sequence for hundreds of groove variations.
The collection is rounded off with a 215-strong arsenal of rock-solid one-shots, covering kicks, crashes, synth shots, vox hits, guitar licks and FX hits for total groove control.
Advanced Hard Dance 01: Raikiri is available to purchase from Sounds To Sample for 55.95 EUR.
More information: Sounds To Sample / Advanced Hard Dance 01: Raikiri
vescoFX has released Cross Delay, an advanced stereo delay effect plug-in for Windows.
Cross Delay allows you to create advanced stereo delay images in your mixes all in a single plugin. Say goodbye to configuring multiple plugins in parallel with complex routing schemes. The controls to allow echo output to be directed between channels is at the unique heart of this VST plugin.
Cross Delay features
- 64-bit internal processing resolution.
- Lots of built in presets to get your mix jumpstarted.
- Full automation support of all controls for VST compliant hosts (additional extensions for REAPER).
- Sample accurate, zero-latency algorithm.
- Delays can be routed to the opposite channel or ping pong between channels.
- Single knob, adaptive modulation brings life to the delayed signal.
- Single knob, adaptive damping gives the delayed signal extra depth.
- Delays can be biased to either side for a wider image.
- Turns mono tracks into stereo.
- Output can be summed to mono for chorus style effects or to check mono compatibility.
- Eliminates complex routing required to create stereo delay effects.
- Works with both mono and stereo input.
- Works with 64-bit and 32-bit audio hosts running on 32-bit Windows OS.
Cross Delay for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for the introductory price of $19 USD (regular $29 USD).
More information: vescoFX / Cross Delay
Steinberg has released version 1.6.0 of the software tools for CC121, an advanced integration controller.
Engineered specifically for the thousands of production environments using Cubase worldwide, CC121 interfaces the creativity of musicians and producers with the functional complexity of the world’s most popular music production system.
CC121 provides totally integrated tactile control of all parameters within Cubase, with a unique design that keeps you focused on your project.
Changes in Steinberg CC121 Extension v1.6.0
- Added the new functions below. Cubase version 5.1.1 or later is necessary for the new functions. For details, refer to the included documentation, CC121 V1.6 New Functions.
- EQ gain inverse
- Jog/Shuttle function with scrubbing
- Switching the function in the Function section
- Solved some other minor problems.
The Tools for CC121 version 1.6.0 update for Windows and Mac is now available for free download.
More information: Steinberg / CC121
Sonivox has announced a pre-release preview of its upcoming Pulse – Advanced Production Instrument, a virtual instrument for Windows and Mac.
PULSE combines the feature set highlights of today’s popular hardware music production units, along with the power and multidimensional capabilities afforded by the software paradigm. In doing so, PULSE is able to offer music producers expanded features & functionality as well as an unrestricted workflow, eliminating multiple menus, button clicks, memory limitations, and more.
- Next-generation music production software for MAC and PC, combining MPC style editing and workflow.
- Imports most MPC file formats including MPC 60/II, MPC 3000, MPC 2000, MPC 2000XL, MPC 1000, MPC 2500, MPC 500, MPC 5000, as well as AIFF, WAV, Broadcast WAV, ACID & MP3 files.
- 8 User-assignable stereo outputs and 8 User-assignable effects busses, complete with tempo sync stereo delay, EQ, and reverb effects.
- Onboard real-time sampling.
- 64 user assignable pads with Infinite sample layering and multiple playback modes.
- Per pad editing of LFO, volume, pitch, envelope, panning, and filter with ten user selectable filter types.
- User-assignable auto pitch map, velocity override (full), choke and one shot modes.
- User adjustable input-quantize.
- Over 400 premium instruments and drum kits.
- Midi learn & save functionality, PULSE is instantly compatible with any MIDI keyboard or pad controller.
- Pad-specific variable resolution note repeat.
- Advanced multi-mode pattern and step sequencer which optionally locks to your DAW/host.
- Works as a MAC or PC Standalone application or as a VST, AU, & RTAS plugin.
- And much more…
Pulse – Advanced Production Instrument is scheduled for release on 1 November, 2010, with a MSRP of $199.99 USD and an estimated street price of $149.99 USD. Select retailers will be offering PULSE at a special introductory price of $99.99 USD throughout the holiday season.
More information: Sonivox / Pulse