Klanghelm Audio Plugins has released version 2.2 of its DC8C advanced compressor effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
DC8C is one of the most flexible compressors around. While making a lot of different compression styles possible, it’s general nature may be described as: clear, smooth, open, distinct.
Changes in DC8C v2.2
- FIX: overs in LIMITER mode under some circumstances.
- CHANGE: feedback signal is grabbed before the output control now: so increasing output gain doesn’t lead to more gain reduction, when feedback is used for the detector (FB-MIX > 0 and EASY modes).
- CHANGE: updated feedback path to avoid “clickiness” at very short attack times and and heavy gain reduction.
- CHANGE: when using the mix control the dry mix signal is the unprocessed signal without input and output gain and without saturation.
- CHANGE: negative release PROG DEP is now possible in SMASH mode too making release times down to 2ms possible on extreme settings and high GR.
- FIX/CHANGE: attack PROG DEP is working as expected now, it’s been completely rewritten and detached from the release PROG DEP. So it’s easier to use both attack and release PROG DEP at the same time.
- CHANGE: internal timings of oversampled and non-oversampled operation are aligned now.
DC8C for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for 20 EUR. The update is free for all existing users.
More information: Klanghelm / DC8C
McDSP Audio Level eXtension (ALX) has released LouderLogic version 1.1, an app which enhances music, audiobooks, and podcasts with perfect volume balance at maximum fidelity.
LouderLogic is the only audio player featuring Audio Level eXtension (ALX) technology by McDSP, eliminating unwanted volume fluctuations between songs and helping listeners hear the quiet parts of their music, books, and podcasts, even in noisy environments. Great for listening in the car, train, or airplane, and for keeping all your music at just the right volume.
McDSP has been improving audio for major motion pictures, music productions, and live performances worldwide for over a decade. Now you can put some of the same advanced patent pending audio algorithms into your iPhone and iPad!
- Automatically minimizes volume variations in existing audio library using ALX technology.
- Improves audio fidelity and listening enjoyment, even in noisy environments.
- Sleek interface for browsing by playlist, album, artist, etc.
- Two ALX modes for music and audiobooks/podcasts, with automatic mode switching.
- Realtime ALX metering shows amount of audio level extension.
- Multitasking support for playing audio in the background.
LouderLogic for iOS is available to purchase for $1.99 USD.
More information: McDSP / LouderLogic
Best Service has announced the release of a free sampler: Advanced Media Trax Vol 2 Classical Composer, a collection of classic sequences, phrases and arrangements, optimised for remixes and film soundtracks.
We are proud to tell you, that SoundsOnDemand offers now a variety of more than 800 professional soundware titles for instant download. Available are virtual instruments and sound libraries by more than 50 suppliers, covering all genres. So SoundsOnDemand is the most important download platform for virtual instruments in combination with sound libraries worldwide.
To celebrate this and also to offer the opportunity to check SoundsOnDemand’s sound quality and fail safe website functionality, we offer free download of this professional and valuable soundlibrary to everybody: Advanced Media Trax Vol 2 Classical Composer in WAV or Kontakt format.
Use the following PromoCodes at checkout to get your download for free:
- PromoCode-WAV: 635154503583907
- PromoCode-Kontakt: 648296898603438
Note: This offer will require you to subscribe to the Best Service newsletter. You can unsubscribe the newsletter at any time.
More information: SoundsOnDemand / Advanced Media Trax Vol 2 Classical Composer
Brickwall Audio has released Advanced Distortion, a free Kontakt instrument.
In Advanced Distortion you’ll find crazy drum kits, hellish atmospheres and also a selection of bonus loops, all programmed using only the drums in Advanced Distortion!
Advanced Distortion is designed to work very well with “Metallic Dreams” – don’t forget to download that release
Advanced Distortion includes 12 Kontakt Multis, 89 samples and 14 bonus loops. The download (50 MB) is available from the Brickwall Audio website free of cost. Donations are appreciated.
More information: Brickwall Audio / Advanced Distortion
Sony Creative Software has introduced its SpectraLayers Pro, advanced audio spectrum editor for Windows and Mac.
SpectraLayers is an extraordinary audio editing platform that features unprecedented sound shaping capabilities combined with a truly unique workflow. Explore audio data on a multidimensional spectral display. Unmix audio files into discrete component layers using a variety of smart editing tools. Process extracted layers individually in an unlimited number of ways.
SpectraLayers is an essential application for engineers, sound designers, audio-for-video editors, archivists, and professionals who demand the deepest audio analysis tools. SpectraLayers brings today’s most advanced editing tools to an eminently affordable and approachable platform—available for both Mac and PC.
Extracting frequencies with Sony’s SpectraLayers Pro.
SpectraLayers Pro features
- Extreme Audio Editing
- Divide audio files into discrete, user-defined layers that can be processed independently and reintegrated to achieve perfect master files.
- Remove unwanted noises and artifacts with ease while leaving surrounding audio data completely intact.
- Separate music and dialogue into individual component layers.
- Perform pitch correction on user-selected components of an audio file.
- Employ SpectraLayers in audio mastering, sound design, analysis, and forensics tasks.
- All tools are modifiable using a wide range of user-definable sensitivities and tolerances.
- Extraction Tools — Extract audio into independent layers using intelligent, programmable tools:
- Area — select any audio for transfer from directly within the spectrum graph.
- Frequency — track frequencies and transfer them directly to selected layers.
- Harmonics — seek and select harmonics in user-defined amounts and orders.
- Modification Tools — Operate directly on waveform spectra to perform precise, creative edits:
- Creation Tools — Create sound directly in the SpectraLayers interface:
- Fidelity / Flexibility
- 32-bit 96 kHz capable.
- SpectraLayers provides seamless file transfer to Sound Forge Pro and other audio editing programs.
SpectraLayers Pro is available to purchase for Windows and Mac, starting at $374.95 USD.
More information: Sony / SpectraLayers Pro
Sounds To Sample has released Advanced Hard Dance 01: Raikiri, a sample library by Katana Bits.
Katana Bits announce their arrival on S2S with 1.8GB of powerful, precision engineered hard techno construction kits, loops and one-shots – the musical equivalent of an iron fist in a velvet glove.
The collection kicks off with 12 ready-rolled construction kits, each stacked with between 17 and 44 stripped loops of drum elements, bass, synth leads, pads, arps and more.
Drums are divided into their individual elements (kick-only, snare/clap, percs, hi-hats, cymbals) as well as various mixed drum loops.
Synth leads, arps, pads and bass also come with one or more variant mixes for subtle arrangement control.
Next up is a folder of 110 kick-free tops and percs loops – just add a your kick of choice and build and instant track backbone rhythm. Layer, chop and re-sequence for hundreds of groove variations.
The collection is rounded off with a 215-strong arsenal of rock-solid one-shots, covering kicks, crashes, synth shots, vox hits, guitar licks and FX hits for total groove control.
Advanced Hard Dance 01: Raikiri is available to purchase from Sounds To Sample for 55.95 EUR.
More information: Sounds To Sample / Advanced Hard Dance 01: Raikiri
Dan Dean has announced the release of the Dan Dean Basses Advanced series of sample libraries.
Dan Dean Basses Advanced
- 9 new basses.
- A huge number of samples, as many as 1,461 per instrument.
- Meticulously sampled using our Accusample™ technology.
- 24 bit recordings.
- 4 round robins per note.
- “Supertuned” using Peterson Strobosoft™.
- A wide assortment of amplifiers via both IR and using Kontakt’s built in tools.
- Highest Quality at affordable prices $59 per instrument.
- In Kontakt format.
Dan Dean also introduced DDSSA Acoustic Bass Expansion, a new addition to the Dan Dean Solo Strings Advanced (DDSSA) series.
Acoustic Bass Expansion features
- 24 bit ultra quiet sampling in Stereo.
- Hand selected front end components – Mics, Special Cabling, Mic Preamps.
- New NV Presets.
- New “C Extension” extended range in selected presets (C1, C#1, D1, D#1).
- High Definition, High Detail recordings.
- In Native Instruments Kontakt 4 Format.
- Articulations for each – Solo Acoustic Bass, 2 Basses and 4 Basses: Arco NV (with C Extension notes C1, C#1, D1, D#1), Arco V, Spicatto (with C Extension notes C1, C#1, D1, D#1), Pizzicato, Tremelo, Trill half step, Trill whole step.
More information: Dan Dean Productions
Sonivox has announced a pre-release preview of its upcoming Pulse – Advanced Production Instrument, a virtual instrument for Windows and Mac.
PULSE combines the feature set highlights of today’s popular hardware music production units, along with the power and multidimensional capabilities afforded by the software paradigm. In doing so, PULSE is able to offer music producers expanded features & functionality as well as an unrestricted workflow, eliminating multiple menus, button clicks, memory limitations, and more.
- Next-generation music production software for MAC and PC, combining MPC style editing and workflow.
- Imports most MPC file formats including MPC 60/II, MPC 3000, MPC 2000, MPC 2000XL, MPC 1000, MPC 2500, MPC 500, MPC 5000, as well as AIFF, WAV, Broadcast WAV, ACID & MP3 files.
- 8 User-assignable stereo outputs and 8 User-assignable effects busses, complete with tempo sync stereo delay, EQ, and reverb effects.
- Onboard real-time sampling.
- 64 user assignable pads with Infinite sample layering and multiple playback modes.
- Per pad editing of LFO, volume, pitch, envelope, panning, and filter with ten user selectable filter types.
- User-assignable auto pitch map, velocity override (full), choke and one shot modes.
- User adjustable input-quantize.
- Over 400 premium instruments and drum kits.
- Midi learn & save functionality, PULSE is instantly compatible with any MIDI keyboard or pad controller.
- Pad-specific variable resolution note repeat.
- Advanced multi-mode pattern and step sequencer which optionally locks to your DAW/host.
- Works as a MAC or PC Standalone application or as a VST, AU, & RTAS plugin.
- And much more…
Pulse – Advanced Production Instrument is scheduled for release on 1 November, 2010, with a MSRP of $199.99 USD and an estimated street price of $149.99 USD. Select retailers will be offering PULSE at a special introductory price of $99.99 USD throughout the holiday season.
More information: Sonivox / Pulse