Ftec-Audio has released the Formant Classic Advanced virtual synthesizer instrument for Windows.
The Formant Classic Advanced is an extended Donation Ware version of the “Formant Classic” Free Ware version based on the legendary Elektor Formant DIY (Do It Your self) synthesizer of 1977/78 .
Formant Classic Advanced features
- Analog subtracktive semi modular design.
- Monophonic, polyphonic and unison play modes, up to 16 voices.
- Enhanced modulation possibilities e.g. single voice aftertouch in poly patch.
- 32 cell polyphonic sequencer with independant trigger, pitch, gate and modulation strips.
- Polyphonic Arpegiator that can use sequencer cells for special arpegiations.
- Effect module with Panning, Chorus/Flanger, Ring Modulation, stereo/cross Delay and Reverb.
- Flexible patch play parameter assignment.
- Automatic sequencer, arpegiator, LFO’s and delay effect tempo and position syncing to host.
Formant Classic Advanced for Windows (VST/standalone) is available as donationware.
More information: Ftec-Audio
Cakewalk has announced the release of SONAR X1 Advanced Workshop: Next Level with Craig Anderton, an instructional video tutorial.
Picking up where SONAR X1 Advanced Workshop left off, SONAR X1 Advanced Workshop: Next Level stretches your imagination and redefines what you thought was possible with SONAR X1. With decades of experience as a producer, engineer, and performer, Craig Anderton dissects SONAR X1 to a level never seen before. And best of all, he de-mystifies these techniques for users of any level.
Well beyond the in-depth exploration of production techniques in the first Advanced Workshop, SONAR X1 Advanced Workshop: Next Level includes 30 never-before-seen video tutorials that will blow away even the most veteran SONAR user. With nearly 2 hours of run time, these video tutorials provide insight and techniques that only Craig, the quintessential gear-geek, can provide. Ever heard of an “Acoustifier”? Craig shows you how to construct one inside SONAR X1—in minutes. Wish you could re-create some of the vintage effects, like true tape flanging, that defined music in the 60s and 70s? Now you can, thanks to an entire chapter dedicated to Vintage Effects. How about ambient and spatial effects once possible only in expensive studios? Final touches to masters? Virtual guitar re-tuning? Unprecedented distortion sounds? All are possible inside SONAR X1, as this video guides you with step-by-step details.
SONAR X1 Advanced Workshop: Next Level features
- 30 never-before-seen video tutorials dedicated to SONAR X1.
- 1 hour 52 minutes running time.
- Includes exciting new SONAR X1 Producer Expanded and ProChannel Modules features.
- Official Cakewalk video written by Craig Anderton.
- MP4 format: watch on your PC, iOS device, or Android device.
SONAR X1 Advanced Workshop: Next Level with Craig Anderton is available to purchase at the introductory price of $29.99 USD / £24.99 GBP / 29.99 EUR through December 31, 2011.
More information: Cakewalk / SONAR X1 Advanced Workshop: Next Level
iZotope has announced the release of Ozone 5 and Ozone 5 Advanced.
Ozone 5 is an update to iZotope’s critically acclaimed software mastering suite. Ozone 5 Advanced is a professional mastering suite that expands Ozone’s feature set with individual component plug-ins, extended features, and the brand-new Ozone Meter Bridge.
“Whether you’re a musician, engineer, or mastering pro, Ozone 5 lets you master music and other audio simply and efficiently,” says Nick Dika, iZotope Senior Product Manager. “Ozone 5 is the biggest update we’ve ever offered, with improvements that will appeal to Ozone experts and new users alike. Ozone 5 Advanced is designed to set a new industry standard for mastering tools. Advanced includes many exclusive features, and offers mixing and mastering engineers an even higher level of flexibility, precision and control.”
New in Ozone 5
- Pristine Sound and Enhanced DSP – Each module has been updated with refined signal processing algorithms to bring you a new level of mastering quality. The most complete mastering suite available has never sounded better.
- Optimized Workflow and Updated Interface – iZotope has redesigned Ozone’s user interface to allow for finer control while placing important features right at your fingertips. New users can jump in without a steep learning curve while experienced Ozone fans will feel right at home.
- Visual Feedback – Every module features updated metering to help guide you to the perfect-sounding master.
Ozone 5 Advanced builds on iZotope’s reputation for superior sound quality and industry-standard audio mastering tools.
Each module in Ozone 5 Advanced is equipped with extended features made specifically for mixing and mastering professionals. For added flexibility, Ozone 5 Advanced allows customers to use each of the mastering modules as individual plug-ins. Combining essential visualization from Ozone’s modules with new metering tools, the all-new Meter Bridge provides a suite of audio analysis tools that help you visualize changes made during the mastering process, troubleshoot problematic mixes, and compare reference tracks.
Ozone 5 Advanced Includes:
- Extended Features – Ozone 5 Advanced provides deeper control within every module in Ozone. Advanced exclusives include a variable-phase EQ, Loudness Maximizer modes with Transient Recovery and Stereo Link controls, mono-compatible stereo synthesis features and much more.
- Meter Bridge – The powerful Meter Bridge introduces a high resolution real-time 3D spectrogram with unique mix analysis features, BS.1770-2 compatible stereo loudness metering, resizable spectrum analyzer, and a vectorscope with stereo balance and correlation meters.
- Meter Taps – For mixing and stem mastering, multiple audio streams can be superimposed on a 2D or 3D plot using Ozone 5 Advanced’s Meter Tap plug-ins. Meter Taps enable unprecedented visualization of how a mix’s elements fit together.
- Component Plug-ins – Use Ozone 5 Advanced’s mastering modules as an integrated mastering system or as individual plug-ins. Move module presets between Ozone 5 Advanced and its components freely.
Ozone 5 and Ozone 5 Advanced will be available for a suggested retail price of $249 / 195 EUR and $999 / 799 EUR respectively. Current Ozone customers may upgrade for $149 USD to Ozone 5 or $499 USD to Ozone 5 Advanced. Ozone 4 customers who purchased after October 1, 2011 will receive a free upgrade to Ozone 5 Standard upon release.
More information: iZotope
McDSP Audio Level eXtension (ALX) has released LouderLogic version 1.1, an app which enhances music, audiobooks, and podcasts with perfect volume balance at maximum fidelity.
LouderLogic is the only audio player featuring Audio Level eXtension (ALX) technology by McDSP, eliminating unwanted volume fluctuations between songs and helping listeners hear the quiet parts of their music, books, and podcasts, even in noisy environments. Great for listening in the car, train, or airplane, and for keeping all your music at just the right volume.
McDSP has been improving audio for major motion pictures, music productions, and live performances worldwide for over a decade. Now you can put some of the same advanced patent pending audio algorithms into your iPhone and iPad!
- Automatically minimizes volume variations in existing audio library using ALX technology.
- Improves audio fidelity and listening enjoyment, even in noisy environments.
- Sleek interface for browsing by playlist, album, artist, etc.
- Two ALX modes for music and audiobooks/podcasts, with automatic mode switching.
- Realtime ALX metering shows amount of audio level extension.
- Multitasking support for playing audio in the background.
LouderLogic for iOS is available to purchase for $1.99 USD.
More information: McDSP / LouderLogic
hamburg-audio has released Nuklear, the first plugin synthesizer based on advanced pulsar synthesis.
NUKLEAR™ comes with unique pulsar oscillators and enriches classic sound synthesis with essential new parameters: by disassociating the note pitch from the waveform length it is possible to create new, previously unheard sounds.
As opposed to classic sound synthesis not the waveform length, but solely its repetition rate is responsible for the resulting pitch. The length of the individual “pulsaret grains” is controlled and modulated by a separate parameter, the “pulsaret frequency”.
- Advanced pulsar synthesis with 4 pulsar train generators and up to 16 voices.
- 26 pulsar waveforms and 4 pulsar envelope waveforms.
- 8 low frequency oscillators.
- 8 ADSHR envelope.
- Built-in delay effect with sync option.
- Built-in distortion effect with 3 distortion types.
- 16-step sequencer with 8 programmable patterns for note and multiple parameter modulation control.
Nuklear is available to purchase for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) for 169 EUR.
More information: hamburg-audio
Cakewalk has announced the release of its SONAR X1 Advanced Workshop with Craig Anderton instructional DVD.
Beyond simple tutorial on how to get up and running with SONAR X1, this compilation of advanced workshop videos provide in-depth exploration of techniques that add up to a true master class.
SONAR X1 Advanced Workshop with Craig Anderton, a ground-breaking collection of advanced SONAR X1 techniques, is Cakewalk’s first official video tutorial. Craig is one of the most respected music industry experts in the world today, and his novel, real-world insights and tips will help any SONAR X1 user make music more creatively and efficiently.
The 1 hour and 40 minute video touches on a wide range of subjects, including vintage effects emulation, repairing damaged tracks, mastering within SONAR, “virtual multi-miking” techniques for acoustic instruments, perfect looping with any pad, convolution-based sound design, constructing a looper in SONAR with unique features, humanizing step sequencer patterns, album assembly, and much more – 31 videos total.
Presented in a practical, easy-to-understand style that demystifies otherwise complex topics, these videos also represent the state-of-the-art in video instruction with tight editing, superb sound quality, and excellent use of the video medium.
SONAR X1 Advanced Workshop with Craig Anderton is available at the Cakewalk Store at an introductory price of $29.99 USD/£24.99 GBP/€29.99 EUR.
More information: Cakewalk / SONAR X1 Advanced Workshop with Craig Anderton
Sounds To Sample has released Advanced Club Sounds 01: Murasame, a sample library from Katana Bits.
Fusing pumping progressive workouts, blissful trance melodics and filthy electro basslines, Murasame delivers a floor-rocking 2.7GB collection of construction kits, loop sets and one-shots.
Advanced Club Sounds 01: Murasame features
- 1,025 Wav loops and one-shots (24-bit), 2.7 GB content.
- 23 track-starting construction kits, each loaded with between 12 and 37 stripped loops of drum elements, bass, synth leads, pads, arps and FX, all of which layer seamlessly.
- Drums are divided into their individual elements (kick-only, snare/clap, percs, hi-hats, cymbals) as well as various mixed drum loops.
- Synth leads, arps, pads and bass often come with one or more variants (changing filters or effects) for subtle arrangement progressions.
- 15 drum loop kits, each offered with a full drum mix as well as each individual element broken out, plus a selection of stripped mixed drum loop variants. Each loop kit contains between 10 and 37 stripped drum loops.
- 157 finely-honed one-shots, covering FX impacts and sweeps, kicks, crashes, FX and searing synth shots.
Advanced Club Sounds 01: Murasame is available to purchase from Sounds To Sample for 49.95 EUR.
More information: Sounds To Sample / Advanced Club Sounds 01: Murasame