Note: this post is from 2007, outbound links may be broken.
Second Act Overture releases Cold Digital Delay and Square Synth (beta)
Cold Digital Delay is a stereo experimental/psychedelic delay effect featuring four types of unique delays.
- Glitch is based on a random delay system controlled by an internal BPM pulse. Great for adding a light glitch element to drums and other sounds
- Wave is designed around a delay feeding into a HPF controlled by the synced LFO
- Hollow is essentially two delays. The first repeats the dry signal once while the other creates an echo that is then fed through a HPF
- Freqk is a delay using the effect’s LFO to control (in conjunction with it’s knob control) the delay time of the effect. This causes a very unique delay effect that changes the pitch and speed of the wet signal. Freqk also has it’s own control to determine whether the effect with have smooth or chopped transitions. Highly recommended on plucked instruments
The Square Synth VST is an experimental synth containing three osc. and two LFOs with selectable destinations. Each osc. has a unique filter/effect set-up to achieve crazy and often bizarre sounds.
The added effect bank acts as a send for all osc. with five choices for each of the two effects banks. At the
end of the synth is a mixer to change the levels of each individual osc., the effect return, and the master output.
Square Synth features
- 3 Osc. (7 waveform options each)
- 2 LFO with selectable destinations
- An effect send/return with 5 effect options
- Master ring mod
- Mixer for each osc., effects, and master volume