Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Sennheiser announces HD 800 headphones
Sennheiser has presented its new top-of-the-range HD 800 headphones at the Winter NAMM.
More than 60 years of ingenious headphone engineering has been applied into the new HD 800. Incorporating Sennheiser’s most advanced driver technology, these open, circum-aural dynamic stereo headphones redefine what reference-level audio is all about. You will form an altogether new height of sonic perspective as you experience a high-fidelity natural hearing experience. Do take note that presently, no other manufacturer has been able to come up as close as the HD 800 in replicating the basic acoustic conditions of natural hearing.
HD 800 features
- New reference class in wired headphones
- Open, circum-aural dynamic stereo headphones
- Natural hearing experience – realistic and natural sound field with minimal resonance
- Biggest transducers ever used in headphones up to today – new innovative dynamic transducer design
- Uncovered earcups for acoustic and stylistic reasons
- Ear pads made of special high-quality Japanese Alcantara
- Metal headband with inner damping element
- Specially tuned symmetrical, impedance matching cable with low capacitance
- Special high precision headphone connectors
- 2 year warranty
The Audiophile HD 800 headphones will have an MSRP of $1,399.95.
Visit Sennheiser for more information.